Voting 'em in

I just saw a tweet I had to share . It went like this,,,,,,,,,,,,," Voting Danica into the NASCAR All Star race is like voting Johnny Manziel into the NFL Pro Bowl " . It's just not an All Star race when they vote rookies and no drivers in . It's an entitlement race .

I just saw a tweet I had to share . It went like this,,,,,,,,,,,,," Voting Danica into the NASCAR All Star race is like voting Johnny Manziel into the NFL Pro Bowl " . It's just not an All Star race when they vote rookies and no drivers in . It's an entitlement race .

You are so right!!! Only reason she's in a ride is cause she's paying for it.

she did miss a wreck tonight,I think that's her first one she has actually missed. She needs to be running trucks and busch cars to get better. I think the vans vote her in to watch the wreck!

Paul wonder why we not only have more females in the NHRA. But winning females in the NHRA. I remember a few years back at Gainesville when Erica Enders killed Kurt Busch in pro stock.

Richard Childress
JD McDuffie
Dave Blaney
Rick Mast
Mike Skinner
Joe Ruttman
Hut Stricklin
And quite a few others many have probably never even heard of/

Guess what they all have in common?

It's marketing, folks. Most of us have been around racing long enough to know that there are always some drivers with more money-raising talent than driving talent - and it might not seem fair but money does grease the wheels of racing success. I'm not a Danica fan but will admit that she provides some positive exposure for racing, which even helps us karters in the general public's eye. I wouldn't say her getting voted into the race was an entitlement - she did something to earn enough fan votes.

Is she over-hyped? Certainly. She’s a personality star more than a racing star. But on the other hand… she’s driving in a top league while we’re not. Like the kids used to say, “Don’t hate the player – hate the game”.

Back