VP racing fuel

I wasn't asking if the fuel would make me any faster. I was just asking what VP would be suggested. Having a better controlled fuel like VP has to be better then pump gas. You never know exactly what your going to get from the pump. I understand people have much success using pump gas but I personally wanted to try a VP fuel.
It’s not worth the money unless you and everyone you are racing has highly modified 510cc engines, and your competition is running oxygenated fuel…. But even still… there is only so much power you can stick to the ground….spend the extra cash on cornerspeed. 91 would still be choice fuel in that scenario unless you were experiencing detonation.

I know I am very new to this site. However, I have quite a bit of experience with different fuels from my ATV dirt drag racing. If you make the switch to VP fuels and want the most potent fuel. I have gained to most power using MR12. As long as you are tuned for it, you will make more power even over Methanol. MR12 is also pretty much the most expensive fuel as well so you better have deep pockets.

I was able to run the engine a couple weeks ago on C12 and was very impressed with how smooth and responsive the throttle was. Plus the smell is an added bonus!!!! No more cylinder wash down like I was experiencing with methanol either.....

try c12 50/50 with a mid grade pump gas back in the day i used amoco silver. that was from my engine builder on my yamaha kt100 it was and is now desieste PETE MICHAEL he told me straight c12 was 2 much octane and would with the compression of a stock yamaha cause detonation.

Race gas will be a lot more consistent . City gas has 10% Ethanol in it and winter blend has just came out , Pump gas is very inconsistent . Low octane race gas may be your best answer . High octane has less BTU . If you don't have a lot of compression and timing , save the money .
I'm a gas Hauler I know how many different places I load at .

I tried to run 93 octane in my PK 250 and I was blowing head gasket left and right I switched to c14 I’ve not problem since
But $100 for 5 gallons is rough on the wallet is there something else I could run

Low lead 100 from you local airport. Cheaper than any racing fuel, same basic beginning mixture prior to creating racing fuel, and better than pump gas. Not sure about the price now, but it was 4.25 last time I bought it.

I WAS TOLD BY THE CHEMIST AND THE OWNER OF VP FUELS THAT THERE IS TWO DIFFERENT FORMS OF OXEGENATORS ONE IS PROPYLENE OXIDE AND THE OTHER THAT THEY USE IN U4.4 GAS IS MTBE IT IS THE OTHER TYPE OF OXEGENATOR ONE IS A PETROLYUME BASE AND MTBE IS A CHEMICAL BASE I MIGHT HAVE MISSPELLED THESE WRONG BUT YOU GET THE IDEA THAT YELLOW FUEL IS SOME BAD ASS FUEL IN A 2STROKE I RAN IT THE FIRST TIME AT JASPER FLORIDA BACK IN 2005 IN MY CONTROLLED ENGINE 100CC REEDJET AND KT 100 YAMAHA THE TECH MAN OVER THE SPEAKER AT VOLUSIA SPEEDWAY WAS SAYING WAYNE HOWE IS RUNNING PROPYLENE OXIDE BECAUSE THE SMELLED IT WHEN I FIRED UP ON THE GRID SO I SHOWED HIM THE VP FUEL JUG AND IN BIG LETTERS RIGHT UNDER THE U4.4 LABEL IT READ MTBE AND OFFERED TO LET HIM TALK TO THE CHEMIST OR THE CRAZY OWNER OF VP FUELS I HAD HIM ON SPEED DIAL BECAUSE THEY ALWAYS WANTED TO HARRAS ME ABOUT FUEL BESIDES ITS OPEN FUEL IN THE 2CYCLE CLASSES ANYWAY. THE GUY THAT WAS PITTED NEAR ME THE FIRST TIME I USED THE FUEL AT JASPER HE WANTED TO KNOW WHAT THE HELL I WAS BURNING IN THAT REEDJET HIS NAME ON HERE IF I REMENBER RIGHT IS KT HE RAN A BIG OL 4STROKE IN THE FLORIDA UAS CLASS HE WANTED TO TRY IT IN HIS ENGINE I SAID ITS BAD ASS IN A 2 STROKE I MIXED IT WITH THE BLENDZALL GOLD BECAUSE ITS RED IN COLOR INSTEAD OF YELLOW LIKE THE BLENDZALL GREEN.THAT WAY YOU CAN ALWAYS KNOW YOU HAVE ADDED OIL TO THAT U4.4 YELLOW OXEGENATED FUEL.HAVE FUN AND RACE SAFE MY FRIEND.SINCERLY WAYNE HOWE

Back