VP Racing fuel

racefan3j

Since it's getting harder to find non ethanol gas I was thinking of looking at VP Racing Fuel's 87 octane fuel.

Are any of these AKRA legal? Do the rules specify whether it has to be unleaded gas?

Is anyone running any of the VP Racing Fuel's 87 octane fuel in their clone engines? What are the pros and cons?

How do they know if it is from a local station or not? If it passes spec what can they do? But the rules we're under don't say anything about being local.

How do they know if it is from a local station or not? If it passes spec what can they do? But the rules we're under don't say anything about being local.

If the track you race at says "Corner Station pump #3" then that is a local rule, and if they have a tester, the base sample will be from that pump and station, if you buy it elsewhere you are subject to fail the test

Since it's getting harder to find non ethanol gas I was thinking of looking at VP Racing Fuel's 87 octane fuel.

Are any of these AKRA legal? Do the rules specify whether it has to be unleaded gas?

Is anyone running any of the VP Racing Fuel's 87 octane fuel in their clone engines? What are the pros and cons?

Also VP is a fuel, im pretty sure the rule says gasoline

If you look on vp fuel sight. They have unleaded for karting but octane is 90. Probly won't pass sniffer. That's the lowest octane I seen.

Again guys, AKRA rules don't say anything about local station. The local track rules just say 87 octane gasoline with no additives. The races that check fuel here must be looking at the octane rating because they don't say where to purchase gas at.

Also, I am not trying to cheat! Just looking for a better fuel that's all. If your track tells you were to buy then you have to buy it there to be legal. My earlier question was if your fuel is legal then how would they know where it came from?

Look in their master fuel table. They have several with 87 MON ratings, both leaded and not. Some of their most expensive gasolines are 87 MON.

Huh?

Huh?

I have looked at there master list, NONE say Gasoline they all say fuel
Yes gasoline is a fuel by definition, it is also entirely different from methanol which is also considered a fuel isnt it?
Now if they sold 87 octane racing gasoline it would be debatable if it could be used in karting
Read the tech section on the ingredients in there Fuels, you'll see none use gasoline

VP has both leaded and unleaded 87 MON fuel...last time i checked this is a definition of gasoline. and I would simply have it checked before the race to make sure it would pass.

VP has both leaded and unleaded 87 MON fuel...last time i checked this is a definition of gasoline. and I would simply have it checked before the race to make sure it would pass.

Fuel is just what Gasoline is, its a type of fuel, thats why VP says fuel and not gasoline, lead can be added to any fuel
Gasoline is totally different than what VP is selling, and you know it your just trying to justify to yourself that it is ok to run a racing specific fuel and not plain ole everyday gasoline

Back