WAKE UPTrack Promotors

DynoDon

Let me start off by making this statement. The predator class was put in place to promote karting. It was to be a low cost class for introductory into the sport. It was working great in the beginning. Everyone was was complaining about the cost of the clone, although it wasn’t all that bad if ya did some shopping. Allowing changes to the clone is what took the cost up. Now that is happening to the predator.

Over the past 3years here in central pa. we have had a stead fast program of the “out of the box” predator. Minor changes have been allowed. Changes, that the beginner in the sport, that him/her self can do without having to send the engine out to be done thus keeping the cost down as to not go in the direction of the clone. The only problem i have with the program is the class was only to pay on special events a total of $50 dollars. As in all other ways to figure out how to get around that low cost payout now there is recruitment for lap money. Welcome aboard all the big guns and, oh ya, all you beginners are now “also rans”.

For the most part, with the exception of the lap money and if they don't stop that there will be fewer karts down the road, the program is affordable to the beginner. Wake up Johnny. You are the one who pushed this “lets kill the clone concept!!”
I get calls and mail all the time about changes and how it will affect the engine. Changes that cost money. Promotors are allowing it. Do they think that EVERYONE can do those changes themselves? Did they think that it wasn’t going to add to the cost of the engine which is why the class was started. No. They listened to a few know it all so called builders “back yard at best” and took their word for it that it would be better for the program.

Here are the mistakes in order that hurt the clone that the predator is following simply because promotors don't understand that keeping the engine stock is the best for the program financially:

Exhaust change
Carb change
Cam change
Spring change
Air box exchange
Clutch change
Remove governor
Hello Clone!!!

I know this post will go right over the heads of many but i felt the need to inform the beginners where it is going. You might as well just go out and spend the money on a good clone instead of trying to keep up with the Jones

Last edited:
I think the $50 max to win is a stupid thing. Look at the tracks, the highest count by far is predator. Why not let the class that brings you the most money get some money? I do agree that allowing anything to be done to these engines is stupid though

I think the $50 max to win is a stupid thing. Look at the tracks, the highest count by far is predator. Why not let the class that brings you the most money get some money? I do agree that allowing anything to be done to these engines is stupid though
Your missing the point, If you load it up all the experienced guy's will bring a predator entry and just take the money, and it won't never get to guy's getting some now.

Your missing the point, If you load it up all the experienced guy's will bring a predator entry and just take the money, and it won't never get to guy's getting some now.
I think alot of people would be ok with the bigger guys racing predator. Running against people like Cody, Keister, Brown, Missy to name a few local would just make you have to learn to be faster (drive better). People could learn a lot by following drivers like around the track and not have to buy a $1200 motor to do it

I think alot of people would be ok with the bigger guys racing predator. Running against people like Cody, Keister, Brown, Missy to name a few local would just make you have to learn to be faster (drive better). People could learn a lot by following drivers like around the track and not have to buy a $1200 motor to do it
That would cut entries in less than half in less than 2 months.

I know kinda off topic but look at what happened at Millbridge speedway last night! Some big names show up at the DNQ series and they are getting thrown out for cheating/breaking the rules! suppose to be a fun little pay out series but yet certain people can't stand to lose so they do whatever it takes to be up front it seems! So real question is if they do that there why wouldn't they do it at any other races they attend (predator class, clone, animal)?

On a weekly Friday or Saturday the money will never be big enough for anyone big to bother. It wouldn't hurt for once a month or every other month to put up a little money to draw a couple of the big guns and let the predators see how they stack up to them.

Predators are easily the biggest class at most tracks, they pay the same amount in pit passes and entry money and then get rewarded by watching the classes that dont draw crap for counts at weekly races run for all the big money. And yet people want to complain about them running for a couple hundred bucks. Thats just stupid

Predators are easily the biggest class at most tracks, they pay the same amount in pit passes and entry money and then get rewarded by watching the classes that dont draw crap for counts at weekly races run for all the big money. And yet people want to complain about them running for a couple hundred bucks. Thats just stupid
Your missing the point again, that's big part of the reason there the biggest classes more economical plus keeping the money out of it.

Your missing the point again, that's big part of the reason there the biggest classes more economical plus keeping the money out of it.
I'm not missing the point. It's just easy to see how the predator racers are being used and it's bs. Hell, the announcers are all but telling you over the loud speakers on Friday and Saturday if anyone actually listens. Thats exactly why all my boys and several other multi kart teams we race with are selling everything after the season is over. We're not going to be forced into buying high priced motors to race for decent money.

The only thing they're going to learn, is they don't have enough money to compete with national level competition lol. Local racing allows people to be competitive with 10+ year old chassis and running used tires. But the moment a national setup shows up with a fairly new chassis and new/fresh set of tires...they're getting wiped. Not saying local drivers are bad drivers, but to say that it's 100% all driver that wins is a lie.

The only thing they're going to learn, is they don't have enough money to compete with national level competition lol. Local racing allows people to be competitive with 10+ year old chassis and running used tires. But the moment a national setup shows up with a fairly new chassis and new/fresh set of tires...they're getting wiped. Not saying local drivers are bad drivers, but to say that it's 100% all driver that wins is a lie.
Tell that to the guy at Liberty a few weeks ago that beat everyones in the box stock $500 to win Predator on a 98 trick with 1 set of tires that he bought and mounted at the track that day. Plus the conversation is about local racing, not national.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not missing the point. It's just easy to see how the predator racers are being used and it's bs. Hell, the announcers are all but telling you over the loud speakers on Friday and Saturday if anyone actually listens. Thats exactly why all my boys and several other multi kart teams we race with are selling everything after the season is over. We're not going to be forced into buying high priced motors to race for decent money.
The ONLY reason it grew to be the biggest classes is the fact there set up the way are .

Tell that to the guy at Liberty a few weeks ago that beat everyones ass in the box stock $500 to win Predator on a 98 trick with 1 set of tires that he bought and mounted at the track that day. Plus the conversation is about local racing, not national.
Great...so 1 person figured it out of the hundreds of local racers nationally on how to be fast. Now, let's reverse the scenario....take that same gentleman with that same chassis and have him go race a big national event.....how do you think he'll do?
There's absolutely a split between local skill and national skill....both in driver and in equipment. I'm not saying not to have money to entice LOCAL racers to race....I'm saying, along with racing promotor, that if there's big payouts that constantly pull in those national caliber racers...you lose your local support out of frustration and lack of funds to compete.
Local racers are what keep tracks alive...if those tracks shut down, it's just onto the next track offering money for the national caliber guys.

Great...so 1 person figured it out of the hundreds of local racers nationally on how to be fast. Now, let's reverse the scenario....take that same gentleman with that same chassis and have him go race a big national event.....how do you think he'll do?
There's absolutely a split between local skill and national skill....both in driver and in equipment. I'm not saying not to have money to entice LOCAL racers to race....I'm saying, along with racing promotor, that if there's big payouts that constantly pull in those national caliber racers...you lose your local support out of frustration and lack of funds to compete.
You're the only 1 talking about national level

Back