WAKE UPTrack Promotors

Has anyone tried to get a solid predator 212cc rule book for all local tracks near and around the Pittsburgh area?

Tracks in this area
-Naugle Speedway
-Slippery Rock Raceway
-Shaffer Speedway
-Goodhope Speedway
-Race 1 Speedway
-Blairsville Speedway

I currently race at Shaffer Speedway in the 360lb class and we average 9-14 karts a night and that is on a Wednesday night! Would really like to race more tracks but everyone has rules that makes it too hard and too much work to switch parts and things over. Not sure if owners of the tracks listed above are on the forums or people that know them but I think its something that could really help the local go kart scene.

Shaffer Speedway rules are pretty simple I think and most tracks are not very far off of the rules we run here.

Most common things I see that change from track to track is slippery rock you need a drum clutch and stock fuel tank. While others let you run the pump. Also I have noticed tracks make you keep the governor on but set to 5,500 rpm? Why these motors lose so much power past 5k anyways there is no difference in having governor on at 5,500 or no governor at all.

Figured this was a good place to just chat and see what people think.

Predators are easily the biggest class at most tracks, they pay the same amount in pit passes and entry money and then get rewarded by watching the classes that dont draw crap for counts at weekly races run for all the big money. And yet people want to complain about them running for a couple hundred bucks. Thats just stupid
Its not stupid. If they want to race for money, they should move up into those other classes.

Back