WAKE UPTrack Promotors

Keep paying money to that class and that motor will be $1200 in the near future I guarantee it. That class should pay nothing but points. PERIOD
no one would run it then just quit complaining and enjoy the best class out there as it's been the last 3 years what's wrong with it ? ,,,, nothing that I can see . the only thing I would be in favor of is going to Cobra tires in 2022

I think alot of people would be ok with the bigger guys racing predator. Running against people like Cody, Keister, Brown, Missy to name a few local would just make you have to learn to be faster (drive better). People could learn a lot by following drivers like around the track and not have to buy a $1200 motor to do it
they are there because of the competition and the amount of entries who wants to run with 1 or 2 other drivers every week Predators average around 8 to 14 entries many nights 15 to 17 that's racing and it's fun . that's why they are there .

I really think a track could survive on just 4 to 6 Predator classes Rookie , Junior, and 3 Senior Classes . maybe a Jr Cage predator and that' s it .. 75 entries done in 3 hrs

You want to control cost and the predator. Track buys a pallet of them. First race entry fee is $165 (engine cost + linkage and chainguard) Motor is sealed and numbered. Motors are impounded at the track after each race.

Classes pays points only and no entry fee rest of the year. (weekly transponder fee and insurance fee)

Last race of the season you take your motor home and cut the seal off. Build you a stock appearing (out the box) to run next year elsewhere.

What's wrong with a claim,? 125-130 whatever it is plus tax full price for one. Track can claim or like mentioned above preference goes to furthest back on the lead lap. Save everyone the trouble of hours of tech, and the track the expensive tools. If you are brave enough to put it on you know the rules and can lose it.

I really think a track could survive on just 4 to 6 Predator classes Rookie , Junior, and 3 Senior Classes . maybe a Jr Cage predator and that' s it .. 75 entries done in 3 hrs
I think pennscreek has the best shot with that!
Than for the guys that wanna tinker with a predator give them a open/pro predator class.

I left karts to go 600 but might buy another kart an predator to run on the off days of the 600 just because the pred class is great at creek!

no one would run it then just quit complaining and enjoy the best class out there as it's been the last 3 years what's wrong with it ? ,,,, nothing that I can see . the only thing I would be in favor of is going to Cobra tires in 2022
I am not complaining. I am making a point. You keep offering $50 to win in the big shows and continue to recruit lap money like was done in the last event and your predator class will fall apart because the big guns come to take it. The second place guy took home over $200 dollars. All because of lap money. Money is money no matter how it is gotten. Money brings in the big shoes and the new guys are considered “also rans”. That sour taste won’t last long

So Harbor Freight gets rich and local engine builders quit building engines. That’s not what we need to have happen. There’s room for all. Predator racing should be for the beginner and the youth racer. Keep the big money out of it. It’s up to engine builders, kart manufacturers, karting businesses to promote the other classes if they want them to survive. Time to give back guys, save your future. Money talks.

Biggest problem besides the money is that other then checking the RPM on the stand the engine is NEVER teched, guys putting the aftermarket cams, springs in, changing timing and a few other things , this is going to kill the class. Unfortunately, if you want to compete , even at a local level, you have to “upgrade” your supposed OTB engine.

One thing that was an issue back in the 80s with the flat heads and I have heard is an issue with the Predator is that parts vary. I wonder if you took 10 Predators out of the box and put them on a dyno, what kind of differences would you see? In my opinion rules need to allow you to make those 10 close to the same. That maybe easier said than done, but I think that should be the goal. JMHO

One thing that was an issue back in the 80s with the flat heads and I have heard is an issue with the Predator is that parts vary. I wonder if you took 10 Predators out of the box and put them on a dyno, what kind of differences would you see? In my opinion rules need to allow you to make those 10 close to the same. That maybe easier said than done, but I think that should be the goal. JMHO
This is a good idea, but horrible in rules making. Its just what theyve done with "blueprinted" engines. Funny how much different two blueprinted engines can be.

I used to race flathead in the late 90s. I always hated money races because of all the attitudes that came along with it. torn up bodywork and a bent axle to fight for 7th place was not worth it to me. what also concerns me is talking to people about reaching 4800 or 5000 rpm. that is no where near where the predator makes power it's dead there and asking how people are winning races hitting that RPM the reply is "oh because your legal" makes me scratch my head and want to go to the clone. but not looking forward spending $1200 engine + $4-500 rebuilds $280 clutches with $100 rebuilds etc etc. what is also bad is online kart shops offering predator carburetor blueprinting, and 212 'cheater cams' i also feel like i don't get a lot of help from my local kart shop because i don't give him a lot of money in the way of engines and maintenance. just sayin its hard out here for a predator racer. tires are expensive enough

Back