WAKE UPTrack Promotors

Its not a $100 and its not go down the road and buy one. Got to ship it and then when it has issues got to ship it back. Every option has its quirks
Correct. It also isn’t racing against the one down the road that had been hopped up either or the one down the road that has all the best parts from three or four other engines to make one.

What would you say if I told you I can offer an alternative to the predator problem? For a cost of $285. Put your clutch on and go. Sealed spec engine. 196 clone with racing cam. Top plate, fuel pump, spec pipe, same head on every engine that can be teched.

What would you say if I told you I can offer an alternative to the predator problem? For a cost of $285. Put your clutch on and go. Sealed spec engine. 196 clone with racing cam. Top plate, fuel pump, spec pipe, same head on every engine that can be teched
First I'd ask what's the predator problem?
Especially Here in our area.

I don’t have the whole program together yet. I’m going to get the engines and look them over and see wants all involved with. I still have a lot of questions to ask box stock project about engines that need repaired and what to do in that area. It won’t be like the rush program at all it’ll just simply be a program where someone can buy an engine and know that it’s 100% legal and race against other guys and not be complaining about getting beat by illegal engines that’s all it’s about

When someone gets one of your clones OR say J.C.s everyone knows there 100 % legal, but first thing they complain about is getting beat by illegal engines, I don't see that ending any time soon regardless of which class, just say " N ".

Wouldn't this be the same thing Briggs tried with the clone ?
Also sounds a little like the RUSH series deal .
BIG difference between sealing engines to control cheating and worry about cheating and RUSH making a living by selling parts and services to racers and tracks.

In addition to the above RUSH grabs lower funded skilled normal class racers hurting every class they attack and preys on poorer skilled rich and poor alike with dreams of a chance of winning.

Sealed engines without scamming racers into buying parts, engine service, racing fees, tires, shocks and bs'ing tracks into letting their racer customers use tracks for free is a completely different thing.

Don who would build the sealed engines?

Locally (Multy State Area) and then you add in Gold Cup engines one builder and builders had so much business they farmed out their Notable building to each other and to others who they knew build a decent engine.

IMHO, Sealed OHV engines could easily get into thousands.

All the engines will come from box stock project. There are a few questions I have for them so nothing in stone yet. When I first got back into karting after a 7 year lay off I went to PennsCreek. I saw my first clone and liked what I saw. So I decided to become a part of the movement. I went into serious debt and bought all the tools and machinery that I once had but sold out. My nephew was my first clone and still is today. I watched the kid karts evolve into what today is the predator. Arguing, accusing, and fighting over engines that couldn’t be teched. On a side note that kid kart class ( 2 cycle ) was the biggest cheating class in the country. I decided I would start a red plate cage clone class for that age group. I bought 6 engines and went through each one to make sure they were all capable of winning a race. All governed under AKRA rules. For the first year I ended up selling another 2 engines to people and a DON won every race lol. It really took off. Why? Because I offered something that took the problem away. I didn’t do it to make money. I did it to solve a problem. I made a whole $30 an engine. The new tech tool that is out I had a hand in designing/fine tuning. When ask how much I wanted after we finished it I said nothing. I just had pride in helping the karting world. Now I see another problem developing and am exploring a way to fix it. I will not be charging any more money to people than I need other than to cover my expenses just to get it up and going. If I get 4or5 at my local track and it catches on good deal. Like I said, there are some glitches but I don’t like failure. Could be the wrestler in me lol

I definitely like what you do for the sport don and I'm all about watching it grow and I'm all about fair racing you know that cuz im beginning my role in ensuring it is fair .. I have watched the predator class grow and I still see it doing quite well and I feel like it is good for getting new racers into the sport I personally think the class should be a strictly amateur class but hey thats not in the cards but instead of going after a different motor than the predator why can't your idea just be used in the predator class ? I'm just thinking that also seems to be a current problem with Karting too many classes ...the predator motors seem to be holding up well so couldn't that motor be used ? If you seal up a predator motor and have a class that is started with those motors and guys truly believe there is to much cheating going on in the regular class then they could bring there motor to be checked and dynoed and sealed and move onto the sealed class before you know it they may all end up sealed and it goes back to one class

I hear all this complaining with the predator everyone is cheating the motors in those classes, when it comes right down to it I don't think it's happening near as much as guy's think, and even if it is there not very good at it, and it's not helping there performance and in some cases what they think helps actually hurts. And now I'll tell you why a guy racing out of Paul's trailer last year decided to try predator we knew for a fact the motor was literally taken out of the box bolted on and raced, in fact without even venting the cap first few runs of course motor cut out, however we observed if we could keep the motor running he was the fastest kart on the track, so we realized crap we didn't vent the cap so we drilled it and boom right to the front, might have raced predator 8 times won like half of them and if not for missing his marks a few laps would have won even more, so i know 100 % you can take a predator motor right out of the box and win. plus he was giving up weight in both classes. Of course it really helped this guy that we were pretty good with set up, tires, gearing, my point being without our help he would of ran mid pack and after 4 to 6 races would of been one of the guy's complaining the front runners were cheating up the motors. Are guy's tinkering breaking the rule by spirit of intent of course some are but that can be policed with rules in place that allow to do so, use the rules more and send a message instead of trying to do away with the predator motor, as there the biggest classes at all 3 of our local tracks add up all predator classes together and there's nights where there over 50 % of total entries for the track, police it better and let well enough alone. JM2cents but in the end all another motor option will do is thin the predator fields some, add yet more classes to the line ups, end up not taking off around here like the LO 206 is never going to.
Now if AKRA wants to get on board and create a true AMATURE clone class as the official starter class, take your concept and run with it.

Lots of racers, especially less experienced ones, fail to realize that getting around the corners is the key to being fast in karts. The less power in the motor, the more important.

One thing that was an issue back in the 80s with the flat heads and I have heard is an issue with the Predator is that parts vary. I wonder if you took 10 Predators out of the box and put them on a dyno, what kind of differences would you see? In my opinion rules need to allow you to make those 10 close to the same. That maybe easier said than done, but I think that should be the goal. JMHO
That's a perfect case to run a 206 . Built to be equal , built for the purpose of racing and a rule set that is country wide ! Out of the box!

Back