walbro wb3a carb to much fuel

Pota

Hey
My carburetor is set to steve o haras settings. But anyway
It seems that my carb gives way to much fuel when i turn the low speed needle. If i just slightly opens it 1/4 a turn the engine runs, but anymore than that it stalls. What could cause this behaviour? I can see alot of fuel come out when i turn the low speed needle more than 1/4 a turn.

Thomas

There are so many things to check???? Not wanting to write a book here, can you tear it down? Do you know what to look for?

One thing I would check is the engines cranking compression. It might sound way out to you, but it's not. An engine with "really" low compression can't burn a lot of fuel.

From the desk of Al Nunley
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory. (Al Nunley)

It worked before it got rebuilt. I could then turn the low needle to 2 turns. Now i cant go beyond 1/4 turn without it spitting out much fuel. Shouldent that be a problem with the carb then? Maybe the needle or something?

I could tear it down, but what should i look for?

I opened it. Cleaned it with carb cleaner and assembled it back together. After this the problem started.

If it ran fine before you rebuilt it you may want to just go up on pop off a little bit. You may. Not have got it back exactly right when you put the new spring and arm in.

The diafragm wasent attached to the fulcrum arm. Could this be the problem? Havent fired it up, to late for it now :)
And btw. Is fuel in the carburetor normal? Or should i remove it?

Yes.
there are 2 type captured and non captured.
captivated type must be attached tio the fulcrum arm.
Fuel is normal, if it sits to long it can cause problems.

Back