Want Equal Engines?

^ Sounds like a plan if the tracks can afford all those engines and there is a very low entry fee for the class(es.)
Most racers don't want to spend $30 entry, $15 pit pass, $5/gallon and spending the entire day at the track on the chance that you might get the "dog."

My experience has been that blueprinting makes engines more equal. Out of the box, the quality of engines (even purpose built spec engines) can be all over the place, especially ChiCom built with little to no concern about performance, conformity, or legality.

Here's a better answer -- just get a bunch of your race buddies together and go visit your local concession track. Same chance that you get a "dog" or a "champion" there. Our family does this a couple times a year -- problem is, I ALWAYS get the "dog." :)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
Go a kart rental place that has electric powered and the dog goes away !

The nut behind the wheel can cover some stuff.

Where you are in charge cycle, and battery life will also have an effect.

Still gonna be a dog on there.

Last edited:
Does it?

Electric doesn't solve everthing!
Nope, 60 different motor producers, sensored, sensor less.
Umpteen controller producers..
Hundreds of different battery producers/custom matches.
Ask the RC racers how electric is going

Never ran one of the electric ones. still gotta be much closwer then gas especilly at a rental place .
hopefully all the same mfg.
By the way anyone need a wireless power booster , Gaurentedd to shave 2 tenth's ?

You see!

If electric karting became the norm, minds are already at work to gain an advantage .

Racers can solve most of the world's problems by being able to anticipate needed changes.

But we are all too busy to bother with being elected, or of noble birth.
Just because we know the answers, doesn't mean anyone is listening.

Now, a hostile takeover?

Lol

Most all of the guys winning these races are winning on chassis setup and tire knowledge. Yeah there are out of the box motor differences and of course the prepped box stocks make an even bigger disparity in on track performance. But just controlling the engines alone will not change a lot unless you do the same for tires. It's not a perfect world. These days everybody who loses cries and heads for social media instead of looking at why they aren't winning. Out of the box engines AND tires will make things more even but it will never be perfect.

Go a kart rental place that has electric powered and the dog goes away !
Maybe, but who really wants to? Maybe it's just me, but there's a lack of "excitement" in electric racing - #1 is the lack of sound. I guess I could be shown differently when worn out Teslas and Chevy Volts replace the current street stock classes on your local dirt ovals.

With the way electric technology changes, who would be able to keep up with the constant improvements in battery technology alone? I have a little bit of background in the RC playground as well and spent plenty of time charging, discharging, topping off, warming, etc. batteries before going to the grid to maximize the power output. Even if the technology were readily available, it will likely never be completely even. Most racers are competitive and will do/spend whatever it takes to gain an advantage.

Electrical rental karts certainly punish less heavy guys because of the torque they make, but you can find a bigcdifferencectoo between karts depending on chargecand tires.

We raced RC before getting into karts, and there will always be a way to go faster. The big one in spec racing now is dumping the battery and charging at a high rate to build heat in the pack, as they release energy easier with heat. Too much heat and they release energy all at once though, in a bad way.

Back