want to start running next year... no nothing

zwon13

Hello everyone, my name is Zac and I'm 26. I'm looking to start running at Hunterstown Speedway next year with my son. I have tried this in the past but something always found a way to get in the way. After talking with the wife it looks like its a go for next year. Now I'm looking for advise on things that are a must have in the pits( how many tires and rims,spare parts and little things that could get overlooked when venturing into kart racing). Also I would like to know about engine builders in my area ( Central Pa) Ensor's is 15 minutes from me but I have not heard a lot about his motors. I could also buy one and have it shipped however I feel an engine builder who knows the track I intend to run may have better idea of what that motor needs ( an I wrong in this thinking?). Hunterstown Speedway runs a open tire rule, Great for newbies who have no idea what to buy now. Any advise on this would be grateful. Now I see a lot of folks talk about a tire program and cutting tires and preping them, what all is involved with this and what is a good prep to use( I'm not looking for secrets just a baseline to start off with). Next do you have to use a kart stand to get your kart to the grid area? It will just be me and my son(who is 6) I dont know how I would get the kart on and off the stand. If anyone runs at Hunterstown and has some advise for a newbie would be great to. I know I have a ton to learn and I'm hoping you fine folks can help me out.

The best advise I could give you is to come to the track on Saturday and get pitpasses and talk to as many people as you can! I will be there Sat. working at the track and not racing. IF you would like to chat ask for Shawn and I can point you to a few people that would be more than happy to talk to you about the ins and outs of racing at our track! If you want give me a call tomorrow. 717-357-6114 cell anytime is fine during the day.
Shawn H
Hunterstown Speedway

Talk to Shawn, he's a good dude.
Roy Ensor is second to none with his engine skills, customer service and that much needed track knowledge. I used his stuff when my kid was racing and have absolutly no regrets. Highly recommend, good luck and most of all have fun.

Sounds like an automatic lift kart stand is a must since you don't have any lifting help. Minimum tire sets.....you need at least 2 (a harder set and a softer set) I would recommend maxis ht3

Back