Wanted...used aftermarket cam for predator 212

hibshman25

looking for a used CL1, CL1i, or something comparable. We run 12 backyard predators on our small track and looking to put an upgraded cam in one to see if it makes any notable difference.

Our track allows our motors to obtain a peak rpm of around 5200 rpm...so a low to mid range torque cam would be most beneficial. All stock internals other than honda G200 springs which i believe are 18lb

Anybody got anything?

depends....is this for a NEW predator or the old style? the new one will let you use any clone cam on the market, but the old style predator will only take one made for that particular block....where are you from and where do you race?

Sorry..non hemi style head. Plastic cam gears. Non EPA vented tanks.

We just run on a backyard track at my parents.

Try the Dyno Mod 2. Stock lift with more duration. They are around $50 new. I have seen used ones for half that.

Don't know how you would keep your rpms that low though. Ours like to turn around 7k+.

Post #2 is correct! You are NOT going to find too many good 'used' parts for the motor you have. My suggestion is too leave 'that' motor as-is and buy a 'new' model Predator when avail for $99.00. By doing so, part's will be plentiful from the 196 Clone engine where-by you can pick and choose at will. (jst a recommendation) BTW....what does your gear-train consist of(?) It sounds like we/you need too get you into a 'lower' ratio from where you are, however...the word is on a 'stock-rod' Predator, you should Not run more than 5700-5800rpm.

We are running stock rods. 12/70 gearing. Father in law works for lawn care distributor so we get the max torque 12tooth clutches at cost. We like to keep it simple and cheap for everyone.

Are the new style 212s the "hemi" heads? Was just at harbor this week and it didn't look like they had the hemi head anymore.

We are running stock rods. 12/70 gearing. Father in law works for lawn care distributor so we get the max torque 12tooth clutches at cost. We like to keep it simple and cheap for everyone.

Are the new style 212s the "hemi" heads? Was just at harbor this week and it didn't look like they had the hemi head anymore.
Ok, your gear sud be good but any improvement you might find will be in carburation and timing changes (short of changing the cam) and "I" would Not go-there!! My understanding is that 'the-new' Predator's (both the standard version & hemi) are Now compatible w/the '196' Box Stock Program! HOWEVER..."I" have yet too hear/see how anybody would know whether he/she is purchasing a 'new' unit, or an 'old-style' new unit. I am awaiting word of a model # change (or something) at this time. Hopefully somebody might offer addition info. BTW....'Cheap' is BAD....'<Expensive' is Better! :)

Back