Wanting some advice between 2 TAG SR Rotax Max carts

Which kart?

• 1 - Arrow X1, Rotax Max, MyChron 3 - $1500

• 2 - Sodi SR5, Rotax Max, MyChron 4, Spare set of brand new tires/wheels - $1800

• 3 - #2 plus an additional set of wrapped MG tires, and a set of new rain tires on rims - $2300

Results are only viewable after voting.

ZeroClient

Hi, and thank you in advance.

Don't forget to vote!

I'm about to look and pull the trigger on 1 of 2 Karts FS from two different local tracks. My intention is not necessarilly for me, but for my kid's advancement in Karting. I would like to be able to get out there on practice days and not only have some fun, but help him around the track. Of course not any kart will do; I also have that need-for-speed go-fast blood in me. I'm highly inept when itcomes to 2-strokes, intact I have several 2-stroke type machines, and a dozen Nitro RCs. The only 4-stroke I own is my truck and a trail dirtbike...

So on to these machines.

#1. A 2010 Arrow X1 chassis. A running Rotax Max engine. Mychron 3. 13/79 gearing. The shop I'm buying it from just built it up for me and put brand spanking new stickers on it. The shop claims it is ready-to-race minus tuning for gearing. Used tires. No spare tires/wheels. I'm thinking they took and put together parts from yester-year, second/hand (Stuff thats not competitive today) and built up a nice looking practice machine for me. $1500

#2. A 2011 Sodi SR5 chassis. Running Rotax Max engine. Mychron 4. 12/88 gearing. They have 2 boxes of parts and I was told about $100 worth of carb parts and jetting. Comes with an extra set of brand new MG tires mounted on an extra set of rims. This I found at my local track. Father/son racing team. The father walks with a cane now and cant race any more and his son, who also races LO206 Sr doesn't want to maintain and jump from kart-to-kart every 2~3 races. They want to stick with their Lo206 as their only kart. This Sodi kart they are selling actually ran the fastest lap time on the track just yesterday though there were not many TAG karts there; still faster than all other TAG and LO206 karts. Probably needs new graphics but in all looks straight and true. No chassis bends or anything. I saw this one in person so I know its probably a decent machine. $1800, but for another $500 they'd also include a second wrapped set of MG tires and a brand new set of rain tires already mounted (So, for $2300, get the kart, all parts, 3 total sets of wheels, 3 sets of dry tires, and 1 set of rain tires).

Appreciate your thoughts on these two karts? I'm thinking #2 is a better deal but slightly more $. Probably still a competitive machine. But #1 is slightly cheaper and will get the job done. I am a novice/begininer carter but have plenty of seat time on a variety of motorsports :)

Dont forget to vote

Thank you

I'd go with #2 .
That said I know nothing about sprint karts . A mychron 3 is way out dated, no repair or support . All the extras are a big plus , work in anything else they have such as a kart stand is a must have . Trim the price a little , some extras , oil being one gears , clutch , anything related too the rotax .

Back