Wanting to learn!

NewBee-Cloner

I'm wanting to learn how to build one of these engines. (Clone GX200)
Wanting to buy a worn out bore block and side cover to play with on the cheap-cheap.

Also need some information on how to set up block for honing and boring.

No rules engine - Just back yard fun.

Honing is simple but you do need to purchase the correct measuring tools and correct stones to hone with. The boring part is more difficult as you almost need a milling machine access and then you need to know how to set the machine up so the bore is true to the crank.

Honing is simple but you do need to purchase the correct measuring tools and correct stones to hone with. The boring part is more difficult as you almost need a milling machine access and then you need to know how to set the machine up so the bore is true to the crank.

How far can you go with honing alone?

How far can you go with honing alone?

Honing is really just to add a surface finish, or to finish size a hole or bore. I you can hone as much as you want just be sure to keep the walls of your cylinder square to each other. If the walls of your cylinder become concave of have high or low spots buy more then .002 on an inch you need to send it to a machine shop to have it bored or you need to switch to a different honing stone. If you send a block to a machine shop to have it bored make sure it is aline bored to the crankshaft. If you have any other machining questions message me. As of now I need to get to the garage and build another clone :)

You can buy a new clone block pretty cheap. Why not just start out with a new block and that way you know what you have to start with?

I'm wanting to learn how to build one of these engines. (Clone GX200)
Wanting to buy a worn out bore block and side cover to play with on the cheap-cheap.

Also need some information on how to set up block for honing and boring.

No rules engine - Just back yard fun.

hay where you at buddy???

Back