Ward parts

It probably wouldn't hurt, not sure what Ward would think. I have a whole box of spindles and L blocks fresh from Ward I picked up the other week with bumpers and nerfs made to order. So far only sold one set locally, it is funny how many people complain about not being able to get parts then do nothing about it when people like us help out and make things available.

It probably wouldn't hurt, not sure what Ward would think. I have a whole box of spindles and L blocks fresh from Ward I picked up the other week with bumpers and nerfs made to order. So far only sold one set locally, it is funny how many people complain about not being able to get parts then do nothing about it when people like us help out and make things available.
I find it strange that you're always trying to be so helpful, but Ward never responds. He could dispel all this wondering about his business with just a couple of posts. I find it strange that he doesn't!

Al, like I've said many of times... Mike, Tammy, and Marty are super great people and the three times I've been there they have treated me like family. Mike is very smart and innovative providing fast karts and cool products, and being a small family run company with bigger fish to fry in the tool and die industry I feel a little customer service on my end is the very LEAST I can do to help out. I completely know where they are coming from, as I do decals on the side and know what its like getting behind with people breathing down my neck. I even took it to the next step and stopped in the other month on my way to Charleston for my brother in-laws wedding to unload what little savings I had stashed away to pickup and provide parts to all the people complaining they cant get parts, and aside from a local customer who bought the Epic champ I ran indoors this winter, I had ONE sale out of my zip code. I'm still very confused that people complain they cannot get parts when they are not proactive when they are made available.

I do not get paid for my services, and I am totally fine with that, I get at least five PMs/calls/texts a week that I spend my free time working with people on getting their karts dialed in or tracking down parts if I don't have them. It is no different than you offering your spreadsheet to the public, that is your person hard work, why give it away for free?

I do my absolute best to try and keep everyone satisfied, which can be very hard being 8 hours away, some things are out of my hands. A lot of people are very grateful for what I do, and if I can't be of any help I sincerely apologize, like I said some things are out of my powers.

-Kyle Kania

Last edited:
I got all my parts I ordered for my sons kart it took awhile but I did get them and that's all that really matters. my only issue is setting it up for my 10 yr old I don't know much about it but I do know it acts loose and I used set up numbers I was pmed not sure if they were right. hopefully someone else has set the infinit epic evolution they set up for a jr driver and wouldn't mind sharing there set up numbers

eds go with baseline, make sure seat is correctly placed and not bound, then its all up to tires and pressures on an epic. my 10 year old was bad fast on one and we never changed a thing once mike set it up with baseline at their shop. being in NY i know its probably not an option to have mike set your kart up for you like he did ours, but if you need baseline and seat placement he will put you spot on right over the phone.

I got all my parts I ordered for my sons kart it took awhile but I did get them and that's all that really matters. my only issue is setting it up for my 10 yr old I don't know much about it but I do know it acts loose and I used set up numbers I was pmed not sure if they were right. hopefully someone else has set the infinit epic evolution they set up for a jr driver and wouldn't mind sharing there set up numbers

46% Nose
56% LS
60% Cross to start
Stock caster-RF in forward location
+.75 LF Camber
-2.75 RF
Front hubs all the way in
RR tire 1/8-3/16 off the frame, if it doesnt have a double clamping hub back it up with a lock collar
LR tire will be about 1 inch off the frame, set it the to start, then adjust it to get 38.5 rear track width (measure the contact patch, not outside to outside tire)
Mounting the seat is one thing you take your time at and dont quit until it fits perfect, when perfect you can remove all bolts, remove the seat, put the seat back in place and all the holes line up without twisting the seat.

Seat back 9.5 inches off the axle(this is baseline, seat back will change depending on the type of track or condition your trying to fix)
Bottom of seat 1 inch above the frame rail.
Right rear seat strut 4 inches of the motor rail
(This pic is for a super heavy driver, but shows measuring points
Picture076.jpg

Front center of seat 1/2 to the right of the center of the steering upright
Picture078.jpg

When mounting the seat use ny-lock nuts and rubber washers between the seat and struts, and just snug the nuts down.

You pieced the kart together, make sure its assembled properly before starting the setup.
Both front spindles with as equal washers top and bottom, adjust the LS first and if you have to move 3 washers, adjust a little on the RF, dont max out spindles to extremes it can cause binding.
Tie rods in the center holes on the pittman arm, and as level across as possible
Picture002.jpg

Make sure all the bumpers and nerfs move freely, on the nerfs if you have the bushings in, you have to machine them to give you good movement, most of the time people take them out and toss them and run without them. I machine ours to fit it cuts down on noise.
Front bumper should move freely as well as the rear bumper.

When mounting your body care has to be taken just like mounting the seat, nothing in a bind.

Hope this helps if you need anything else just yell

Gentlemen,
Thank y'all for sticking up for an old friend; I do however deserve every negative comment issued.....I earned them fair and square. Kyle was correct about the industrial manufacturing side but......that has recently changed. There has been an offer for my return to the industry that I simply could not turn down. With that said; I will return as sole manufacturing of all INFINITI products with ALL distribution, sales, and bulk stocking by separate entity at a separate location. This will allow me to do the job that I SHUOLD have done, and did through 2006, properly; design, manufacture, and tech support the product line.
There are no number or methods of apology that would make right all of my "wrongs" from 2006 through our exit of the market in 2011; I am embarrassed and ashamed of my actions and methods of that time and I offer my humblest apologies to all that my selfishness hurt in the process. Now, the "original" Mike Ward has (well in the process of) a full return to the industry in proper fashion; as I said, an offer has been made that I can not turn down. Thank you for at least taking the time to read the post and if you take nothing away from it other than my apology for my previous actions and exit of the industry; that matters most.

Kind regards,
John Michael Ward, Jr.

Mike,
I rode your karts from 02-12.The only one I didn't like was an 05, I had. I hope that you can once again make a chassis that will perform like your "xxx". I loved that kart.
I know that we all make mistakes in life, but the lesson is to learn from them and move on. Glad to see you coming back.

Alan

DPR2,
Thank you for the positive words; I can only hope to regain yours, as others, trust and respect once again. I can't tell you how invigorating this choice of return has become; we don't realize how much things mean to us until they're gone. We will be retaining the industrial customer base, business as usual, but will not interfere with one another through separation of manufacturing and stocking/distribution/sales via different physical locations. I also WILL be handing all technical support questions that our distributor/dealer base get ''stumped' by.

Alan,
You are far too kind; thank you for just letting it be water under the bridge. This new business model is allowing the "original" Mike Ward to return. Honestly, I wasn't sure he was really still in there' what a relief to be wrong!

Have a wonderful evening gentlemen,
M
W

Back