Ward Quest replacement parts?

Ted Hamilton

Helmet Painter / Racer
I have a chassis I was told is a QUEST by Ward/Infiniti.... I have the nerfs, but no front porch/bumper, no steering columns, and no seat posts. It looks like a standard single post steering support -- would a PRC one work? Anyone heard of this chassis or have any idea what starting setup would be? Thanks....
~Ted

The "Quest" is a kart that Ward built for another company, I believe. It is a LOT like our Vector chassis that Mike made a few of for us several years back. I am thinking that everything from our chassis would fit right on the Quest. Maybe XXX or Mrs. Ward could chime in on this thread and let you know for sure. Yes, the PRC steering post will work - it's not the same design, but the post size is the same. We keep parts in stock for our karts if everything will interchange (and I believe they will.) I do not have front bumpers right now unfortunately.
Starting set-up will be low/mid cross - 60-62%. Nose 47%. LS 57%. would be a good baseline. Lots of variables, you already know that.
Give us a call Ted - I don't have anything used available right now, but have plenty of new parts in stock that should fit right up.

Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Chassis
Vector Cuts
(25 years full time in the karting industry)
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
215 N. High St.
Linden, IN 47955
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Brian is right, his parts will fit the Quest, the quest was purpose built for larger drivers and high HP.
The prc steering upright should fit
The picture I seen it looks like you will also need the rear bearing inserts those will have to be purchased from Wards, the best time to call is very early from 7-7:30 am, after that Marty will be about her daily duties, you can still order from there online store
I agree with Brians baseline setup as well

Jamie,
I think the quest used the old style cassettes. Mike told me that it came off the same jig as ours (and would not be easily retrofitted to use the clamshells) before he sold the jig. Unless the Quest was built with larger wall thickness tubing, it will work just fine for all classes. We use it on jr1 and jr2 classes ourselves on low/no bite tracks running soft Hoosier and Burris 33s. It'll roll. Ours does. :)
Give Marty a call for the front bumper for sure. I build our front bumpers with a heim, so it will be slightly different than the original Quest.

I have the bearings for the rear clamshells....didn't look like it needed inserts? Tried calling Ward yesterday, but it was around 4:10p, so perhaps they were headed out.
I'll check my bearings tonight and cal tomorrow. Looks like I will need the big heim for the bottom of the steering shaft, etc. too. If I could just stop by Ward's and get it all, I'd do that too.
Thanks for the replies...

PS - the outside rail is 1-3/8"...do I need custom butterflies for a motor mount?
PPS - I wonder if I can get a 40mm bearing to fit the rear for easy shifter sprocket mounting....

Attachments

• kart.jpg
    kart.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 80
Ah yes, that's a bit different then -- right side of the car looks the same, but we never used 1 3/8" tubing, and the cars Mike did for us used the standard (3 bolt - old style) cassettes.
Being that you're local Ted, I's stop by that way you know exactly what you're getting. Yes, you will need their motor mount too. I don't know if PMI has mounts that will fit or not -- but worth a shot if Wards don't have something just sitting there.
Good luck!
Brian

I have the bearings for the rear clamshells....didn't look like it needed inserts? Tried calling Ward yesterday, but it was around 4:10p, so perhaps they were headed out.
I'll check my bearings tonight and cal tomorrow. Looks like I will need the big heim for the bottom of the steering shaft, etc. too. If I could just stop by Ward's and get it all, I'd do that too.
Thanks for the replies...

PS - the outside rail is 1-3/8"...do I need custom butterflies for a motor mount?
PPS - I wonder if I can get a 40mm bearing to fit the rear for easy shifter sprocket mounting....

Yeah Ted load it up and go by there
also the bearing inserts are gold, they go inside the clamshell and the bearing fits inside it
Youll have to get the mount from PMI or maybe Prowler
When that company destroyed there extrusion die it killed the mounts
He built these on a modified Patriot jig

large_35_Bearing_Sleeve.jpg

I found the gold inserts on the bearings that came with the kart....so I guess I just need the other stuff. 40mm didn't work. If I can get a hold of Ward, I'll just take it by the shop -- Randleman's only an hour or so. Thanks.... ~ted

Ward doesn't seem to answer phone when I call.....any other numbers to contact?
Oh, and who was selling the Quest? Be nice to find them online...

Stopped in at Wards. What I have is the prototype kart that became their current chassis. :) They didn't expect to see it coming back in the door... Anyhow, they got me set up with the parts I needed, and Tamara is great to work with, as are Mike and Willie... FWIW, their shop hours are 6am to 2:30pm with a lunch break from 12-12:30. Calling early is your best bet. And as busy as Mike is running around doing shop stuff, design stuff, and customer stuff, he needs to be cloned. They're still in the process of recovering from that lightning strike, so bear with them -- I've heard the longer term plans and I expect Ward is set to be a force to be reckoned with for a while. Thanks, guys!

Stopped in at Wards. What I have is the prototype kart that became their current chassis. :) They didn't expect to see it coming back in the door... Anyhow, they got me set up with the parts I needed, and Tamara is great to work with, as are Mike and Willie... FWIW, their shop hours are 6am to 2:30pm with a lunch break from 12-12:30. Calling early is your best bet. And as busy as Mike is running around doing shop stuff, design stuff, and customer stuff, he needs to be cloned. They're still in the process of recovering from that lightning strike, so bear with them -- I've heard the longer term plans and I expect Ward is set to be a force to be reckoned with for a while. Thanks, guys!

x2 wish i lived 8 hours closer!

Back