Warning potential buyers?

Hobby87

So this is the 2nd time I have ran acrossed one of my old karts for sale, usually it is on the 2nd/3rd owner since I had sold it, and for whatever reason the year of the kart gets newer each time and the price goes up! Case in point, my original kart was a 2002 CTS sprint chassis, I sold it about two years ago as a roller for $500, I see on a local kart forum today it is for sale as a turn key 2010 CTS for $1700, Question is, do you think it's fair to call out the seller by correcting them on the year? I mean if some fool wants to pay $1700 for a 11 yr old kart, so be it, but I hate to see someone buy something that is falsely advertised (we get alot of newbie karters in TX, so it is not uncommon for people to pay way too much, and not know what they are buying)

-Matt

So this is the 2nd time I have ran acrossed one of my old karts for sale, usually it is on the 2nd/3rd owner since I had sold it, and for whatever reason the year of the kart gets newer each time and the price goes up! Case in point, my original kart was a 2002 CTS sprint chassis, I sold it about two years ago as a roller for $500, I see on a local kart forum today it is for sale as a turn key 2010 CTS for $1700, Question is, do you think it's fair to call out the seller by correcting them on the year? I mean if some fool wants to pay $1700 for a 11 yr old kart, so be it, but I hate to see someone buy something that is falsely advertised (we get alot of newbie karters in TX, so it is not uncommon for people to pay way too much, and not know what they are buying)

-Matt

If you decide to "call him out on it", be sure to include some convincing evidence that the kart for sale is the same kart that you sold.
You have not done that in this post...........only an empty claim.

You are right Darthduck, i just didn't get into the details here because it is posted on another forum. I decided to email the seller and give him the opportunity to correct his error as he himself may not know what he is selling.

* if the old bob's was up, you could research my old posts and see that I indeed bought a 2002 CTS in Apr of 2010 and asked 100 questions as I was quite the newbie :)

-Matt

Maybe the guy that has it now bought it and the previous owner sold it as a 2010? Maybe he don't know any different?

You are right Darthduck, i just didn't get into the details here because it is posted on another forum. I decided to email the seller and give him the opportunity to correct his error as he himself may not know what he is selling.

* if the old bob's was up, you could research my old posts and see that I indeed bought a 2002 CTS in Apr of 2010 and asked 100 questions as I was quite the newbie :)

-Matt

Evidence of what you bought, and asked questions about does little to establish that the kart for sale by another person is/was in fact the same kart you bought and owned.

Not that is much of your business Darth, but I know it was my kart, so not sure how proving that to YOU matters? Anyway, the seller acknowledge his error as an oversight and will correct it, still find it funny he wants $1700 for a 11 yr old kart, but there are suckers born every minute!

Back