Warning to anyone getting into kart racing! jeremytuttlemotorsports

indy440

My warning is : DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE PAYING FOR ANYTHING!

Enough time has passed I think it’s time I write about my experiences with "Jeremy Tuttle Motorsports​". He is a member on this forum. He and I made a deal to in May 2015 for him to build a kart for my son to start racing at Dodge City Speedway in NY. Part of the deal was paying for his support for the first few weeks to get the kart setup properly, scaling, tire program, etc. Since we were brand new to karting and had no idea how to get these things going, I thought this would be money well spent. While an exact dollar amount was never discussed, his services would be worth approximately $500 in addition to what the kart would be worth. On July 23rd my son and I drove to the location where he would be “building” the kart to get the seat mounted and the kart scaled. Upon arrival the kart was nearly completely disassembled. He had not worked on it at all. We did not scale the kart that night because it was still so far disassembled. The problem with his service started there. The kart has never been scaled. I took delivery of the assembled kart on July 24th and paid him my hard earned money for it. That night he was supposed to start the process of helping get the kart setup. This never happened. Once he had my money there was never a single moment of support. The kart was never even set to the correct weight, because when we arrived it was 35lbs under the minimum weight for the class. When I asked Jeremy about this I got the “deer in the headlights” look. He never helped with the weight issue. I even bought weights and just tried to get some input on where to mount them, never could get an answer. I have called and texted him literally dozens of times without a single reply. I still have the phone and texting records to prove this. I saw him at the track twice after taking delivery and his list of excuses was a mile long. The kart also had several issues (stripped motor mounts, junk engine, tires worn passed their useful life, cobbled throttle linkage that failed, etc, etc, etc). To this day he still owes me a tire gauge, 1 gallon of oil, and a new tie rod. Essentially he has stolen from me, I paid for services that were never rendered.

I’m writing this as a warning to anyone else with young kids that might be considering getting them into kart racing. DO YOUR RESEARCH! Had I done any research at all I would have learned that he has an extremely questionable reputation around the race tracks, I will not get into the specifics of that here. I would hate for anyone to have the same experience that we have had.

Luckily this experience has not turned us off of racing. We will stick with it, except with more trustworthy help when we need it.

Next year go see Ward Martin, honest kart shop and more then happy to help get a young driver into the sport.

You saying that there are a few at are track that people just cling to I know that are getting taken advantage of you tell people in the nice way to don't dill wiht them it don't help.

kart season is starting again in the northeast. bump this up.

I never got anywhere on this and will have to cut my loses. This guy is a dishonest dirtbag. Amazingly everyone locally already knew this (except me last year obviously), many even had worse things to say about him than I do.

Your letter is not fun to read but it's about last year, what have you done to move on and prepare for this year?

Have you bought 4 cheap scales to scale the kart out? You mentioned something stripped out, you either have the skills to fix it or you need to replace the part. You've had the kart all winter to work on is it ready to go with all good or decent parts on it including a motor which will run?

Your young driver needs seat time and more seat time. It's your job to have something that your driver can ride around in a circle.

Tell us where your at getting ready and if your stuck somewhere not knowing what to do or do next. We understand your new just tell us to your best ability what you need to know to move on and you'll get the help you need on here.

Folks on here like to get involved with you taking care of off track and on track problems.

Pick something tell us about it we'll get you past it and we can then move on.

By the way, we ALL paid too much for and got stuck with something buying into racing. Join the club and lets go racing. ... :)

Right now your either able to afford getting your kids kart ready or your not. If you can buy what you need new or used. I'd bet if there's something specific you need to get on the track which you can't afford, tell us what it is and it might even show up on your door step.

I may be mistaken but I think the point of the 2017 bump was to continue to warn others not to be taken by this guy. The OP said he has "cut his losses" so looks like he has moved on.

Paul, Thanks for the reply and the positive words. We now have 2 seasons of kart racing under our belts. Its been extremely difficult, and a big part of that was just moving past the junk that we were sold right from the beginning. We have found some great help dealing with Martin's Kartin but the fact remained we still started with junk.

My son's kart is 100% race ready as it sits in the garage with the exception of maybe buying another set of tires and some more prep we could race tomorrow. I would really like to get him on a brand new chassis, but I dont think the expense is worth it at this point. He also races snocross in the winter, we just last fall started racing dirtbike harescrambles. For christmas this year Santa brought him a brand new motocross bike so I'm not sure what the future holds for that. I suspect that karting will become a "side hobby" we do on friday nights when there is nothing else planned and the dirtbikes will be the main focus.

The intent of bumping this old thread was that I know he is still around the local tracks scamming other families. If this post helped just one other person get a better start than we did then it was well worth the effort.

My excitement after hearing our new Presidents speech, reading your words and moving on to the future is ... WOW, LET'S GO RACING!

... if ya need any help, just ask were all in it together to come in FIRST!

BE RIGHT BACK, standing for our National Anthem now

EDIT: I guess it's not really my place to comment on a deal that I'm not involved in, so I've editted this. I hope the parties involved are able to patch things up. Life's too short and hard to make it harder on yourself or others... Do right by others and it will come back to serve you best in the end, if only because you have a clean conscience.

And don't foget the newbs once you're no longer one of them....adopt a young racer at the track and build some new friendships as well as passing a unique skillset on. The sport needs it...

~Ted

Last edited:
Back