Was the Hemi predator just a temporary inventory item?

Devil-D-Dawg

I haven't seen a new hemi head one on the shelf for a while now. The website has the two pre-hemi models listed.

Is it possible they switched suppliers for a temporary inventory "issue"?

I just got a Hemi predator this past Friday. Had to check all the boxes and it was the only one in the stack of 12

"Question"....If I go into a HF store and want to buy a 'New' Predator that is compatable with the 196 engines, how would I 'know' that's what i'm getting (until) all the 'old' model is sold out(?)....Do the New ones have a 'new' part number?

68120,69730 old style............ CAL part #s........ are different they also list, a 69727 CAL.only, don't know. I suspect Calif.Pred??????

The Hemi predator in 49 states are item #60363. I'm not sure if there is a Hemi predator available in Cali. It has the cast aluminum valve cover instead of the stamped cover

There are entities on the web who are listing the Harbor Freight #60363 as a Loncin 210FA. I have attempted to search it but have found nothing relating the 212cc Predator to Loncin.

I just checked 3 "Hemi" blower housings all say Mfd.by Loncin 60363.......... and i Know the other Nos.are Lifan I am Positive
69727 is old style non-hemi Cal., motor may or may not have Cat.Converter

Last edited:
I do not believe this "Hemi" head design was created exclusively for Harbor Freight. There should be other models out there with this head.

I just checked 3 "Hemi" blower housings all say Mfd.by Loncin 60363.......... and i Know the other Nos.are Lifan I am Positive
69727 is old style non-hemi Cal., motor may or may not have Cat.Converter
The Cali. model has a little different carb to meet Cali's emission laws

the 'predator' isn't the only model out there with a 'hemi' head. Speedco is another model if interested and much better quality. SOOOOO IF the Predator hemi for some odd reason was discontinued, temporary, or sent here from the clone Gods for only a short time, there are other models and have been for years. The 'hemi' style head on these little engines have been around for 5years or longer. Heck even Mitsubishi made one.

Yeah but I'm thinking the price of the Predator is what makes it the most popular. That Speedco was going for $200 at TSC. I could have the Predator with a safe flywheel for that.

I suspect the Hemi was a fluke.

Everyone says they have seen one, but it takes some hunting.

I think they put some of these into the supply chain to take care of some sort of shortage from their regular suppliers.

There is no indication the hemi model is a permanent model replacement.

I was at a HF store this weekend and only saw last-year's 212. I ordered one from corporate and received the regular 212.

I think it was just a fluke...

Good read on the G210F(D)A loncin i was just comparing cam lobes on a lifan vs loncin very interesting The shape of things to come

We got 2 harbour freight stores .they have plenty of the hemi engines .they had them since day one .they sale a lot to the flea market guys when they have sale .i seen them at flea market for. $125 to$150 .i just got 5 this weekend for $99 Each.

I do not believe this "Hemi" head design was created exclusively for Harbor Freight. There should be other models out there with this head.

I am reasonably sure its a Loncin motor....

The first 212 I saw predated the Predator by about a full year on a Princess Auto presure washer and later a trash pump sold under the powerfist store brand.
But this never transferred over to the regular powerfist line and to this day they are still selling the old stand by Black Lifan 196 Clone.

The new 210FA has shown up in Canada too!
Its stuck on a Speedco wood splitter however, good luck trying to peel that off without the rest of the machine.

The older 212 is now a regular stock item at Tool town.
No deals there however, but at least its significantly better than the old stock Waspe Blue clones they have been trying to unload ( some dated as old as 2006 ).
If you live in Canada save yourself some heart break, avoid the waspe ( weak cranks and cams machined by a beaver ).
The PE 210 from Tool town is actually the same as the old predator, and older powerfist 212 on the pumps and pressure washers ( like princess auto they seem to think its a 210cc and not 212 so the supplier is probably the same place in China ).
Good build quality on the engine just like the old predator just different plastic for the Canadian market and a $199.00 price to choke on.

Better to wait for the black powerfist clones at the side walk sale for 100 bucks or keep your wallet in your pocket until someone blinks and hopeful restocks on the 210FA

Now if you are really desperate and are willing to buy a few blocks and heads.
welfare-international.com
They can supply the engine components directly from China.
But it won't be cheap....

Back