Washing tires between races? Not dry out tire

racerdad

What can I use between heats/feature to remove dirt but not mess the oil in the tire. I've been doing Awesome and wd-40after race night, but wanting to have clean tires to see if it would help.

I wondered if dawn would dry them out. Would i need to dilute it any?
Dawn won't hurt the tires, BUT it can leave a film on them, unless you rinse the tires really well with clean water after using it.
I also know guys that just use straight water...hot water helps for sure...and some elbow grease. :)

You can use any product that you want, just be sure you are getting your tires clean before driving prep back into them.

Just using water and a brush is more than I'm doing now. We've not done any prep yet, just washed after race day. May try water and scratching some off the rubber off between grinding/ cleaning them

When we ran Hoosier d10’s I would scuff them in between heats and feature and spray them with trac tac blue wash and they were surprisingly sticky afterwards. Worked good in the kid kart days.

What can I use between heats/feature to remove dirt but not mess the oil in the tire. I've been doing Awesome and wd-40after race night, but wanting to have clean tires to see if it would help.

Track tac blue tire wash .
it cleans and treats the tire very well

Water....scrub with brush, rag or hand. Dry with a clean towel. Works great, ready for prep within minutes.

Back