Watching nascar Bristol now

... actually after watching last night in the stands at the season 410 winged sprint opener at Attica raceway park the nascar race today got really boring and I switched to the much more exciting viewing of Expedition Unknown on the History Channel. Though I doubt I'll get to see them find Genghis Khan today on TV but it sure beats the heck out of watching nascar at Bristol. I can't believe once upon a time I wanted to have tickets to the Bristol race.

Last edited:
I was on the season ticket list since the early 80's, when they redone the track I cancelled and havent been back or watched ever since.
The weather is bad here today too that will keep people away, when it use to not.
Traffic was light as well so that means down attendance

My point in my last post was watching it on TV was not exciting nor even fun so I switched it off. It's probably over by now, I don't know who won nor even care who won. What really makes me feel bad today is I skipped the 3.5 hour ride to Waynesfield because I figured they'd rain out and I'm not there. ... :(

My point in my last post was watching it on TV was not exciting nor even fun so I switched it off. It's probably over by now, I don't know who won nor even care who won. What really makes me feel bad today is I skipped the 3.5 hour ride to Waynesfield because I figured they'd rain out and I'm not there. ... :(
We raced Super latemodel at Volunteer Friday night, I bet there was more there than Bristol, we went and watched the Lucas oil race at 411 Saturday, and that was a heck of a race

We raced Super latemodel at Volunteer Friday night, I bet there was more there than Bristol, we went and watched the Lucas oil race at 411 Saturday, and that was a heck of a race

Amen on watching and going to Latemodel races, I have a good buddy of mine that use to race for the late Jack Starrett...Starrett Trucking...driver was Buckshot Miles, also have a good friend of mine that drives for Joey Coulter...Rum Runner Racing...driver Brandon Overton

By the way Jamie...Davenport is on fire as always...lol

Nascar is going down hill, don't really care for it any more

wth was Keslowski thinking on that restart, like he went brain dead. And what about the lapped car not payin enough attention to what was going on to drive through the back of Elliott to punt him out of the lead ... was some messed up crap all race long. 37 tho kept it clean and up close to front all day, dang good run for that team even tho they didn't get the finish to show for it.
Although not really a KB fan, anyone but 22! :LOL:

The good ol' days of Nascar are long gone. Too much technology, too many rules, and the drivers are no longer someone that kids can look up to as idols because most of them are kids themselves. Just my two cents but a sport that was created by moonshine runners has evolved to a politically correct advertising campaign void of heroes... it was only a matter of time.

I don't care. I posted and started this thread because I turned it on to watch being there usually isn't anything else of interest on and MAV tv did not have dirt racing schedule. I then found the race to be boring to watch, saw the stands were about empty and found Expedition Unknown on the History channel to be much more exciting and interesting then the nascar race I viewed for a time. ... so with nothing better to do I posted here in the off topic section hoping to get some conversation from it strictly for fun. ... :)

Did that answer your question?

Amen on watching and going to Latemodel races, I have a good buddy of mine that use to race for the late Jack Starrett...Starrett Trucking...driver was Buckshot Miles, also have a good friend of mine that drives for Joey Coulter...Rum Runner Racing...driver Brandon Overton

By the way Jamie...Davenport is on fire as always...lol

Nascar is going down hill, don't really care for it any more
Davenport finished 4th saturday night

I've never understood why people want NASCAR to fail so badly. Whether you like the racing or not, it is nationally televised auto racing in the United States.

Auto racing being on prime television is GOOD for racing. Whether its good for NASCAR, or good for your local short track, anything that continues to push awareness about racing is a good thing.

I want NASCAR to decline badly enough to get new management, but then rebound to be a prominent worthwhile series again... :) RIP Big Bill France... Brian and crew need to be punted out... Single car qualis, Unlimited field size with 10% time cutoff, Single major sponsor per car per year with only similar appearing paint variations, driver names on windshield "sunscreen" panel, Lower down-force package with harder but wider tires and lighter cars, Have Sears Point, Watkins, Road Atlanta, Road America, add Rockingham back in shortly, Revive Wilkesboro...

Personally I thought it was a pretty good Race.
I watched the WOO when they had a series on tv it was ok , gone now.
I guess its all in your own personal perception.

As far as the decline or failure . They overbuilt the capacity for a time when things were booming with limited television and little internet.
Now the television coverage is better every household has some forum of cable satellite or internet .
If Nascar were too fail it would likely be the end. Way too big of a deal for someone to just jump up an say I'm going to start a new series.
shoot Richard petty tried with the sprints as far as I know that's gone. If he can't do it with his notoriety and contacts , how's Joe Blow going to do it. the investment for return seems out of balance.

WoO and now Tony Stewart jacking up the cost of dirt racing is the next kill off of racing after nascar goes down the tubes.

Forced entry level crate racing will kill the rest of local racing for everyday low funded sweat equity racers.

The promoters don't care about racing they only care about personal income and will tout blow hard words to fans as any other pedlar would.

No big deal to the promoters when racing fails they will move on to some other business venture.

To the BS promoters who proclaim they can't continue because they are loosing money, I say if you really cared about racing you'd get a real job to add income to your care of racing the same as racers do to be able to race.

The attached picture I today copied from Martinville Kart track in Attica Ohio which I think says it all:

56236116_1507235239409091_6218930430620467200_n.jpg

Last edited:
Davenport finished 4th saturday night
Jamie...Davenport won Saturday at North Georgia Speedway in the Lucas Oil Series...that makes his fourth win in that series...Sheppard is doing really good in the WOO Seris winning Saturday at Farmer City Raceway making his sixth win in that series and one win in the Lucas Series

As of April 6th

Back