Water weight

sundog

I knew a guy that had the bright idea to add weight to the kart by putting water in his tires. Yup, filled them up with water to make weight. First time on the track he accelerated fairly normal on the straight but when he got to the first turn all that water weight spinning in the tires overcame all efforts to stop or turn the kart. He went straight off the track. Back in the pits draining water from tires and cussin' lol.

Don't ask how I figured out you can't put a 5lb puck of lead in your pocket and race............
Beat'em blue before I could get off the track

Wow... thats a new one!

I just recently heard a new guy at a local track here in FL, was 5 lbs under so he proceeded to zip tie the ball/hitch from his truck to his frame because he had no lead!!! :) :)

Worst part is the track let it go!

An idiot back in the late 90's running a late model at my home track thought it would be clever to put mercury in his frame rails and guess what happend next.... he was T-boned and released a million liquid balls into the infield and the EPA was not impressed .

Years ago when we would put lead shot into the frame rails a newbie came along and heard of this method. In the same conversation he was told how you could melt lead into bread pans etc for making lead weights. Long story short he got the conversations mixed up and melted and poured the lead into the frame rails. He had the heaviest non handling frame out there lol.

I built an oversized left side nerf bar with 1" tubing and poured lead into it for indoor racing. Works good.

Back