WB 20 problem

Cates38

I have 3 running Kt100's on 3 different. karts with WB 3A carbs that I've been able to make perform just fine. I bought a new WB 20 at a kart shop about a year ago and no luck at all with it. I've adjusted pop off and fulcrum arm. Issue is it's starving for fuel. I took freeze plug out on low circuit and hand drilled the smallest hole from .025 to .033. It's still starving no change. Current pop off is 5 and holding 3lbs. Fulcrum arm at .06 from carb gasket surface. Adjustment screw way out 4 rounds

I've never used one except for its shutter in a SA wb3a but .060 is really low for its arm height. Raise it up to .045 like a WB3A that will be a huge difference in fuel delivery. Be prepared to bring the needle in some when you do. I think the circuits are set up differently than the 3a. So , will it carburate well enough to be better than a 3A , that's the question.

Plug the hole with epoxy on the manifold side of the card that was the original pulse hole for the pump.

I've never used one except for its shutter in a SA wb3a but .060 is really low for its arm height. Raise it up to .045 like a WB3A that will be a huge difference in fuel delivery. Be prepared to bring the needle in some when you do. I think the circuits are set up differently than the 3a. So , will it carburate well enough to be better than a 3A , that's the question.
I brought arm up to .045 setting measuring over a .032 gasket. Now plug is wet but want start. Wearing me out

Does it hold pressure ?
Did you readjust the needles , Maybe crank the low side in .
I hope you ain't pull starting it .

Cates , that .045 measurement is with no gasket, if you set your depth gauge on a .032 gasket arm height would be way too high. Ok it holds pressure, that's good .Now , how high will the pressure go ? Still at 5 ? Anywhere from 10 to 15 lbs should work better. You shouldn't see anything until it pops off then air will bubble out the high and low side fuel ports when submerged. I've done that a bunch, it helped me figure out I had some fuel pump diaphrams on a Tilly that were leaking through the pulse track.

Cates , that .045 measurement is with no gasket, if you set your depth gauge on a .032 gasket arm height would be way too high. Ok it holds pressure, that's good .Now , how high will the pressure go ? Still at 5 ? Anywhere from 10 to 15 lbs should work better. You shouldn't see anything until it pops off then air will bubble out the high and low side fuel ports when submerged. I've done that a bunch, it helped me figure out I had some fuel pump diaphrams on a Tilly that were leaking through the pulse track.
Thanks for advise. Dealer has offered a refund I will probably take it.

Back