We all hear what is wrong with racing....

racer47

Search YouTube for "scoopytown" and you will see what is right with racing.

Here is one example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfPurrI3wFY

This is a tiny track with all kinds of karts running. They race with respect and bump and bang less than at a real track. And there is probably more spectators there than at our local tracks where we race for money.

Well sure they don't bump and bang their way forward.........they don't have battering rams! Noses should be for juniors only and come off the adult karts.

DK

If you take the body work off you will have a new found respect for racing clean, or you will end up on head or someone else's head at some point. With the bodywork you can get away with doing some rough stuff.

Won my first race on an abone like these then went to a wasp then black widow and super sprint all by bug karting wow remember them days.
I have a 68 Bug Sprint. They still make some of the Bugs. They still make the A-Bone. And I get mine out on the sprint track regularly. If you run all of the VKA races you will flat wear things out.

Won my first race on an abone like these then went to a wasp then black widow and super sprint all by bug karting wow remember them days.

Still have my old Black Widow in the shop. Miss the days when there was respect on the track. Take the bodies off and the respect will return

I loved it that's the true way it was also gambler7 I still have the wasp hanging on my shop ceiling. BOY I miss them karting days, no tach, never hardly washed tires, changed oil once a month of racing LOL

Currently restoring my '61 Midwest Trackmaster with another one on it's way, along with a '72 Bug Stinger. Interesting story on the Trackmaster too. My father sold it in Md. in '63. I always wanted to find another to restore in his memory. Located one on Cragslist here in Florida about 20 minutes from me. The guy I bought it from had it for 50 years and bought it from a guy in Md. back when he lived in Jersey. Yup, same kart my father owned. What are the odds? :) -Alan-

The picture in my avitar to the left is my first kart. 1957 Alleycat. I did a foolish thing and sold it many years ago and regretted doing so after I had sold it. It put me in the Hospital 2 times. Jokingly I told my son I would like to have it back and he found it and gave it to me for a Christmas present. It was out of my possession for around 12 years. There is another picture of it on my site, www.dynodonkartengines.com

Back