Wedge Body

Racer 57

I just bought a kid kart for my Nephew and he really wants me to put a wedge body on it..................."BECUASE THEY LOOK COOL".........................Can anyone tell me who makes them or does anyone have any old adult wedge bodies laying around that i can cut down and make work for a kid kart? PLEASE HELP!

If your kart has a nose already on it , you can make your own wedge sides from plastic sheets , and just brace it up using aluminum square tubing . I believe that is how a lot of them are made any way . Use the nerf bar holes to mount it to the kart , and brackets from the rear cross piece down to the bumper . If you go to a local track that races them , you can ask to take some pictures , but let them know what your project is , or else you might get a bad response . You may even come out of there with one for free or real cheap .

I'd check with the track you plan to run first on their body rules for that class, might not be allowed.
I wasn't thinking clearly when I did my other post , and should have mentioned that ! For some reason I thought that it was about a fun kart , and not a race kart ! LoL
I doubt any track will allow a wedge body for kids . Check your local track for rules !!

If your kart has a nose already on it , you can make your own wedge sides from plastic sheets , and just brace it up using aluminum square tubing . I believe that is how a lot of them are made any way . Use the nerf bar holes to mount it to the kart , and brackets from the rear cross piece down to the bumper . If you go to a local track that races them , you can ask to take some pictures , but let them know what your project is , or else you might get a bad response . You may even come out of there with one for free or real cheap .
Thank you!

I'd check with the track you plan to run first on their body rules for that class, might not be allowed.

Good point, I actually 1st seen them on a kid kart at the track we plan to run, and i have a set of rules that they sent me on the specks. I was just curious on where or how eveveryone is getting them built? I have looked everywhere i can and havent had any luck!

Good point, I actually 1st seen them on a kid kart at the track we plan to run, and i have a set of rules that they sent me on the specks. I was just curious on where or how eveveryone is getting them built? I have looked everywhere i can and havent had any luck!
contact Seay performance, and tell him what you need

Back