Weekly Maintanence/setup adjustments

Ratistiss

Hi guys,

Still very new to karting. We picked up a ProkKart Jr. Sportsman yesterday to run asphalt in the NCKS and at Poughkeepsie raceway. When talking with the person we got it from he mentioned Winning happens in the garage during the week as much as it does at the track on the weekend, and that he spent x hours preparing the kart during the week. So I was wondering besides checking the scales weekly what other adjustments do I need to check? Check Camber? Anything else besides oil changes and lubing joints that I need to maintain? Thanks in advance for any direction in this.

We run asphalt, 4 weekends a month.
Weekly:
- Scrap & Prep Tires, Measure Stagger (sometimes)
- Check Front Hub Bearings & Play In KingPins , Check Rear Bearings By Removing Chain & Spinning Axle Freely
-Ck Alignment
-General Cleaning of kart & Checking For Broken,Missing,Loose or Damage Parts
-Change Oil (i do this after our last time out for the day)
-Clean & Lube Chain, check wear on chain and sprocket, check sprocket end play, check clutch engagement

MONTHLY
- Remove All Bearings, Replace As Needed (NOTE: i do not remove my king pin bearings if they are not binding or loose, the are a pain in the butt for me to put back in)
-Deep Cleaning of Kart
- Removal of Clutch & Cleaning (i basically just blow it out well), service the bearing inside
- you may find some things you need too add

all in all, after 5-6 months, I got to the point that unless we wrecked hard & had Broken parts to fix and hunt down, i was spending about 4-5hours a week on the kart.
on weeks that we change a lot, or a lot breaks it can be as much as 3-5 hours a NIGHT, and by the way, a 7 year old breaks a lot of stuff :)

We run asphalt, 4 weekends a month.
Weekly:
- Scrap & Prep Tires, Measure Stagger (sometimes)
- Check Front Hub Bearings & Play In KingPins , Check Rear Bearings By Removing Chain & Spinning Axle Freely
-Ck Alignment
-General Cleaning of kart & Checking For Broken,Missing,Loose or Damage Parts
-Change Oil (i do this after our last time out for the day)
-Clean & Lube Chain, check wear on chain and sprocket, check sprocket end play, check clutch engagement

MONTHLY
- Remove All Bearings, Replace As Needed (NOTE: i do not remove my king pin bearings if they are not binding or loose, the are a pain in the butt for me to put back in)
-Deep Cleaning of Kart
- Removal of Clutch & Cleaning (i basically just blow it out well), service the bearing inside. CHECK AIR GAP
- you may find some things you need too add

all in all, after 5-6 months, I got to the point that unless we wrecked hard & had Broken parts to fix and hunt down, i was spending about 4-5hours a week on the kart.
on weeks that we change a lot, or a lot breaks it can be as much as 3-5 hours a NIGHT, and by the way, a 7 year old breaks a lot of stuff :)
i added a step to the clutch, but i do the clutch weekly.

Back