Weight limit

oper8er

Hello all. Retired old fart here. I am looking to get into karting, and wondered if there is a class for a 325 lb man. I have read a lot on wka sites and it seems there aren’t any super heavyweight racing classes. Any info on this will be greatly appreciated.

There are super heavy 425 and some places sumo at 450. Just depends where and what track rules they have at that particular place.
Most tracks go by AKRA or NKA rule sets, once again depending on area.
The above is for dirt racing.

You can consider Road Racing. The tight bullrings and constant left turns of short track racing can wear a silvered citizen out. The wide sweeping turns of road racing are easy on the body and the straights are so long you can catch a quick nap.

Hello all. Retired old fart here. I am looking to get into karting, and wondered if there is a class for a 325 lb man. I have read a lot on wka sites and it seems there aren’t any super heavyweight racing classes. Any info on this will be greatly appreciated.
Average kart is 160 or so. I’ve seen a friend run competitively in Clone 390 with his kart set up for 425. So you can be over weight and still competitive, how much IDK.

I’d think of you were on a big track where you don’t have to lift you might do okay. Probably be hurting on restarts. If you could find a 450 class you’d have a shot.

Back