Weight mounting idea

bstem

Can someone share some large weight mounting pictures, like 50 - 70lbs.
I have a retired weight set machine that used slim rectangular iron 10lb weights that would fit under the seats & to the left of seat, if I could come up with strong rails to hold the weights.

Thanks in advance.

I have a retired weight set machine that used slim rectangular iron 10lb weights that would fit under the seats & to the left of seat, if I could come up with strong rails to hold the weights.

Thanks in advance.
You can buy dumbell weights from Walmart in 5 -10 lbs increments I suggest that if you can't find lead weights and just bolt em on with a big washer with a 5/16 hole and a 5/16 bolt and nut, and on the bolt put a washer on first to support the bolt

why not tungsten if you can afford it. Never saw anyone scratch my lead or stick a magnet to it. if its painted white, has your number on it and is double nutted with the correct bolt size inspection is over. what does it make a difference what metal it is? ask any one with a gun what a tiny amount of lead can do to flesh and bone. if someone's 3lb puck hits you in the chest your nights over reguardles of the material. .

why not tungsten if you can afford it. Never saw anyone scratch my lead or stick a magnet to it. if its painted white, has your number on it and is double nutted with the correct bolt size inspection is over. what does it make a difference what metal it is? ask any one with a gun what a tiny amount of lead can do to flesh and bone. if someone's 3lb puck hits you in the chest your nights over reguardles of the material. .
LOL THIS GUY'S TALKING ABOUT USING 10LB WEIGHT LIFTING WEIGHTS. GET THE RIGHT STUFF ITS OUT THERE.

LOL THIS GUY'S TALKING ABOUT USING 10LB WEIGHT LIFTING WEIGHTS. GET THE RIGHT STUFF ITS OUT THERE.
I've seen guys put bench press weights under the seat. I don't really see the problem with that. Would rather race against a guy with that then have 30 pucks bolted to their fiberglass seat.

I've seen guys put bench press weights under the seat. I don't really see the problem with that. Would rather race against a guy with that then have 30 pucks bolted to their fiberglass seat.
When mounted properly lead weights wont do anything. I mounted my pucks with big bolts and thick big washers and double nutted them. Just like the way they should be.

Thanks in advance.
with that much weight, it would be good to use a sheet lead and put it in the seat, I see a lot of jr karts with a sheet of lead in the seat, and a sheet can weigh about 30 to 40lbs

This is a cut up bridge bearing, they are 1 in thick soft lead so I could bend it to the shape of the seat.

1662582770585.png

Just make sure that you have the correct bolts (size and number) for the weight that you are mounting.
Check your rule book -- this seems to be a point of emphasis lately for some reason.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
because so many are mounting big heavy weight with little bolts, then go out on some of these rough tracks and loose weights, and tear up some ones kart or hurt some one, it just seems like some people don't think about what they doing, when they doing it !!!

A problem with using these weights is the lack of density. They will take up much more room then using lead. You may have trouble locating them where you need them. As "j -remy" said above I would love to use tungsten if I could afford it, or even better.....gold.

Back