Weight Question

rocketman

I need to add 60# to my Kart, Where else can I put it besides the seat ? Would 10 up front in front of the steer shaft hurt? How about 20 on the cross member just behind the seat? What do the Pros suggest?

I wouldn't put any lead in front of the tie rods. I'd put it all on the seat. It might be easier if you don't have a hodge podge of lead pieces. If you buy uniform lead blanks they stack nice on top of each other. 60 lbs is not an issue for the seat to handle. Another option would be to use some sheet lead inside the seat. That's an easy 12-15 lbs on an adult seat.

I wouldn't put any lead in front of the tie rods. I'd put it all on the seat. It might be easier if you don't have a hodge podge of lead pieces. If you buy uniform lead blanks they stack nice on top of each other. 60 lbs is not an issue for the seat to handle. Another option would be to use some sheet lead inside the seat. That's an easy 12-15 lbs on an adult seat.
Yes put it on the seat, I'll add just use 2" fender washers on the bolts, I prefer 3/8" carriage bolts.

You want it on the seat to keep the balance of the kart. Putting that much up front will dramatically change the handling.

Back