Weight Question

I run Predator 350 at my local track and I weigh 150. We had to stack a bunch of weight on my seat and it was getting to the point where it was so heavy to even move kart. I hate this much weight on the seat and chassis because I don’t like the kart to sit during the week with all that weight on one side and it is a pain to pick it up. I know you arnt supposed to have much weight on you but I have considered buying a weight vest to wear so I have less weight on my chassis. Any opinions? I would probably wear one that is 40 pound or 30 pounds then put less lead on my seat. Is there anything I can do different or is the weighted vest the best choice?

Last edited:
If you're 150 and most karts in full dress are 160 you shouldn't need that much weight!

150+160= 310lbs.

So adding 40lbs shouldn't be that big of a deal... just place it low on the seat as possible and don't worry about it! FYI- my son is 80lbs and has to weight 325 for Jr3, we have over 80lbs bolted to his seat! but we can move it and tweak the scale numbers any way we want!

I have a JR1 driver. Min weight 280. Kart is ~160. Driver is 65lbs. So I've got about 60 lbs. of lead on that sucker. During the winter I melted down lead into rectangles instead of using round pucks. That allowed me to mount them lower on the seat and lower the VCG. I have never thought of asking any of my drivers to wear a weighted vest. Driver comfort in the seat is critical.

Man I just thought it was a lot of weight to mount on the seat. I don’t like the idea of that much weight. I guess I will keep it that way but I don’t like that much weight on it. Any other ideas

Man I just thought it was a lot of weight to mount on the seat. I don’t like the idea of that much weight. I guess I will keep it that way but I don’t like that much weight on it. Any other ideas
Well if you're putting it on the seat that's the right place to put it! Don't mount it to the chassis or nerf bars. And when I see karts with pucks on the floor pan I think they must not really know what they're doing. Make sure you've got some rubber washers on either side of the through-bolt to prevent the fiberglass on the seat from breaking. Other than that, yeah it's a pain to pick it up. Sorry bro!

Just make sure it's mounted properly with 3/8" bolts with 2" fender washers inside seat, double nutted and tight, and Don't worry about it, you don't want any weighted vest.

Or hit the gym and start squatting, dead lifting, and pressing a lot of weight and eating 3000 calories per day ;)

Or hit the gym and start squatting, dead lifting, and pressing a lot of weight and eating 3000 calories per day ;)
I was big into lifted after 7th grade. Since 7th grade I benched 105 and thanksgiving of freshman year I could bench 210. Dead lifted 315 and squatted 240. I am not a guy that likes legs but I went from 115 to 155. Then I stopped lifting for what reason idk and started working to make money. I don’t do any sports and more but I work at a fast food resturant at night and then an auction company in the morning time.

We have a 22 year old running 375 class that weights 115 lb soak and wet, all weight is on the seat for years now, we can run up front when I tell them to put the right set of tires on it.

I was big into lifted after 7th grade. Since 7th grade I benched 105 and thanksgiving of freshman year I could bench 210. Dead lifted 315 and squatted 240. I am not a guy that likes legs but I went from 115 to 155. Then I stopped lifting for what reason idk and started working to make money. I don’t do any sports and more but I work at a fast food resturant at night and then an auction company in the morning time.
@MO Predator Racer that wasn't a dig at you buddy. I need to hit the gym to go the other direction on the scale :(

325, 350 375 410 and 425 its all in the seat one way or another. your seat and seat struts are doing a lot less work than many. they not run a lite class? if not see if anyone is interested.

they have 300 but I want to run multiple classes so I run 35” which is much stiffer competition and then I run 300 for fun but the competition lacks in 300 so I can weigh 350 for that and still do amazing

How does your kart do when your at 300 vs 350, that's what I would go with... I know what your saying about level of competition, but running both is finding out witch one your better in, and the other one is your "other class"... So take this weekend for example, in the clones, M. Morgan (who is a bad bag of chips) wins both 300 and 350, he had to work a little more to get the 300 win but it was a full field vs the 350, which was only like 7 guys... Find which class your better in and run the other one as your other, just an opinion, hope your seat pads worked...sounds like ya needed em' with all that weight bolted on

I like to stay at 350 because it gives me 2 classes to run. Just like Matt he runs 300 and 350 and last week he won both. I think I will keep weight bolted on but I just bought scales so I will throw it on there and figure out best place on seat and buy proper hardware for them

Ok dumb question but why all on the seat? Was always over weight so to scale right just mounted on chassis

Ok, so I get what your saying but you can run both classes either way... and just sayin' you are built to run 300 (had a nephew that ran an ICON in 300 clone down there, scaled out at 305)... He wanted to double up and run 350 and when we bolted 45lbs on it, it wasn't the same kart, no matter how we scaled it... So I run 400 down there in the clones with 35lbs bolted on because I'm right in the middle... no weight on it I'm 370, givin up 20 to Morgan and those boys in the 350, or 70 or so if I wanted to run light... and that's alot when your on a 2005 unicorn chassis most people couldn't make work as it is, long story short figure out what your chassis likes, some like weight, some don't, and go from there driver

Like I said, unicorn

Attachments

• IMG_20220609_213738.jpg
    IMG_20220609_213738.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 77
Back