Weight question

Hyder

If I mount the weight on the seat sides higher will it transfer more weight faster to the right side. Kart acts like it’s lazy in the rear on entry and a little looser than we like. Stagger is 1.5 front and 1 1/4 rear. 46.5 nose 54% rear 57.5 Left side
Camer .5 pos Lf. 2.5Neg Rf. Wheels sucked all the way in on the rear LF moved in. I’m tempted to add more rear % till I get a push and then back it off some or go to 3/4 rear stagger . Karts fast just to free on entry almost to center. Can’t tire prep and RR is checked and has to punch a 48 on compound. Have to run treads. Track really changed since all the rain we got a month ago. It’s almost like it washed the good clay sediment out of 1 of the corners.

What cross?
What kart?
Might be able the lay the seat down a little, but honestly, that nose % is maybe .5 too much.
Some older karts liked closer to 45% nose.

If I mount the weight on the seat sides higher will it transfer more weight faster to the right side. Kart acts like it’s lazy in the rear on entry and a little looser than we like. Stagger is 1.5 front and 1 1/4 rear. 46.5 nose 54% rear 57.5 Left side
Camer .5 pos Lf. 2.5Neg Rf. Wheels sucked all the way in on the rear LF moved in. I’m tempted to add more rear % till I get a push and then back it off some or go to 3/4 rear stagger . Karts fast just to free on entry almost to center. Can’t tire prep and RR is checked and has to punch a 48 on compound. Have to run treads. Track really changed since all the rain we got a month ago. It’s almost like it washed the good clay sediment out of 1 of the corners.
What Chassis ? Class and weight ? RTW how far from inside edge of wheel to the frame on RR and same on the LR ?

Cant have 46.5 nose and 54 rear, thats 100.5, your calculations are off somewhere.

What cross?
What kart?
Might be able the lay the seat down a little, but honestly, that nose % is maybe .5 too much.
Some older karts liked closer to 45% nose.
It’s an ultramax Phaze X seats 9.5 off axel cross is at 63%

Got a new tire gauge my longacre gage was reading 2 lbs lower than the pressure really was. Went and ran today and kart was hooked. So when I thought we were 6.5 Right side we were 8.5 🤦‍♂️
That would explain a lot right there! Now you know what going up on air does and what doesn't work. :)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

That would explain a lot right there! Now you know what going up on air does and what doesn't work. :)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
It drove me crazy trying to figure out what was going on. Was still fast just to free. When I found the issue I couldn’t help but laugh 😂

Back