Weight to nose

bullerman

Have to add 13lbs to nose. Do I need to keep it as close to the center line with the front spindles. Well I can't keep it there now that I look at it. I don't think I am supposed to mount it to the body itself. I may have to weld some type of tab to the front tube. Seat is as far forward as I can go
Suggestions.

I have three lbs bolted under the left front of the seat. I was going to move it to the nose and that should put me at a little over 45. Cki said around 46. I may build a couple of mounts like on the sides of most frames to mount to.
I will be on a short ( like 430' ) flat track with not a whole lot of grip from what I have heard. Would 1 1/8 rear and 2" front be too much stagger?
Lf 32 1/4. Rf 34 1/4

Lr 32 7/8. Rr 34 1/8
Guess I could grow the left sides a little if I have to much. With this short of a track and thight turns I didn't know about the stagger.

I have three lbs bolted under the left front of the seat. I was going to move it to the nose and that should put me at a little over 45. Cki said around 46. I may build a couple of mounts like on the sides of most frames to mount to.
I will be on a short ( like 430' ) flat track with not a whole lot of grip from what I have heard. Would 1 1/8 rear and 2" front be too much stagger?
Lf 32 1/4. Rf 34 1/4

Lr 32 7/8. Rr 34 1/8
Guess I could grow the left sides a little if I have to much. With this short of a track and thight turns I didn't know about the stagger.
You don't need 13 lb in nose to go from 45 to 46 put 5 lb pucks under seat front on left and on right, then 5lb pick in nose right to the body is fine.
Don't increase the front stagger keep it 1.5 "
You'll want rear 1.5 " and well for that small.

I probably stated it wrong. I had added 10lbs and had 44.9 %. I was going to add a three pound puck and figured it would put me a little over 45%. I will try and get some under the front of the seat and see if it helps. I have 2" of stagger front and 1 1/4 rear.

I probably stated it wrong. I had added 10lbs and had 44.9 %. I was going to add a three pound puck and figured it would put me a little over 45%. I will try and get some under the front of the seat and see if it helps. I have 2" of stagger front and 1 1/4 rear.
Again WHY 2 " front ?
Do you have the weights on sides of the seat as far front as possible ?

I bought the tires and rims and mounted them. That what I have. Haven't done anything to try and change it. I have 5 lbs on the right side of the seat
It is as far forward as it can go. I have 6 1/2lbs on the left side about in the middle of the seat
I can love it forward. I have 10 lbs on the nose. I figure I need to add 6 lbs to get to what cki said. They said 58 1/2 left, 46 nose and 66 cross. I was just 1.1 percent light on the nose.

I bought the tires and rims and mounted them. That what I have. Haven't done anything to try and change it. I have 5 lbs on the right side of the seat
It is as far forward as it can go. I have 6 1/2lbs on the left side about in the middle of the seat
I can love it forward. I have 10 lbs on the nose. I figure I need to add 6 lbs to get to what cki said. They said 58 1/2 left, 46 nose and 66 cross. I was just 1.1 percent light on the nose.
Basically what Ken is saying is fix your stagger then scale. He’s saying you should probably be closer to 1.5 front and rear. If your stagger is not right then your numbers won’t be either. If you scale then change stagger your numbers change

you can gain nose weight by lowering the rear axle in the chassis, or buy raising the front spindles equally.
Like ken said, put the largest RS tire on the rear

1.5 front and rear. Thought I would want a little less on the rear. Let me say about the track. It is inside a rodeo arena. Very small
Probably smaller than most indoor tracks
Straights are about 110'. The turns have a 40' radius. Very little if any banking.
I am going to look at the seat again. I may can move it a inch or so forward. Going to look at it again. Thanks for the help.

1.5 front and rear. Thought I would want a little less on the rear. Let me say about the track. It is inside a rodeo arena. Very small
Straights are about 110'. The turns have a 40' radius. Very little if any banking.
I am going to look at the seat again. I may can move it a inch or so forward. Going to look at it again. Thanks for the help.
That's why you need 1.5" min rear stagger the smaller tighter turns the more you need, on paper doing the math a 50 ft radius shows all but 1.75" rear stagger. Where is this arena your racing ?

You can notch the seat more if needed, move it forward before just throwing weight at it.

Race promotor. It is in Turkey Creek Louisiana and the other is in Glenmora Louisiana. You can look on you tube. The main one I will be running at is called Lil Dega. The other one is BJ's Speedway.
I am looking at the seat. I have to add 31 lbs for the class I will run. Guess if I could get the seat far enough forward i could put the weight from the nose on the seat.
1.5 mininum rear. What about the front.

You can notch the seat more if needed, move it forward before just throwing weight at it.
Yes we notched several of our seats to get a little more on the nose.

Bullerman, if its a tight cornered as you describe, you dont need to be on 66% cross, somewhere near 60%, and you will definitely need more nose, also raise the back of your seat up, and get as much rear stagger as you can with what you have, about 3/16-1/4 LF toe out, LF tie rod all the way forward on the spindle arm, and if it has the RF lead/lag adjustment id have it in the rear position

Race promotor. It is in Turkey Creek Louisiana and the other is in Glenmora Louisiana. You can look on you tube. The main one I will be running at is called Lil Dega. The other one is BJ's Speedway.
I am looking at the seat. I have to add 31 lbs for the class I will run. Guess if I could get the seat far enough forward i could put the weight from the nose on the seat.
1.5 mininum rear. What about the front.
front is what it is, front has more to do with being able to get the desired cross%, chassis rake, which ideally on a tight track like you describe you'll want a lower rake across the front like 1 1/4 vs. 1 1/2, lower rake from front to back causes faster weight transfer forward, lower rake across the front helps direct that weight to the right front

Remounted the seat. Notched the seat a little and moved if forward and raised the rear a little. I am 11" off.the axle. Should be more comfortable to me. I have 5lb under each side of the front of the seat. 10lbs on one side and 12lbs on the other side. Going to resacale it. Working on the stagger. I may have a little too much. If I do I will be loose. Right. You don't want to push at this track
The wall doesn't give.

Back