Weight to nose

front is what it is, front has more to do with being able to get the desired cross%, chassis rake, which ideally on a tight track like you describe you'll want a lower rake across the front like 1 1/4 vs. 1 1/2, lower rake from front to back causes faster weight transfer forward, lower rake across the front helps direct that weight to the right front
Thanks .
There is alot going on here .

Remounted the seat. Notched the seat a little and moved if forward and raised the rear a little. I am 11" off.the axle. Should be more comfortable to me. I have 5lb under each side of the front of the seat. 10lbs on one side and 12lbs on the other side. Going to resacale it. Working on the stagger. I may have a little too much. If I do I will be loose. Right. You don't want to push at this track
The wall doesn't give.
Yes If to much rear will be loose, as small as you said track was I doubt you'll end up with to much.

I will be on a short ( like 430' ) flat track with not a whole lot of grip from what I have heard. Would 1 1/8 rear and 2" front be too much stagger?
I'm totally convinced that stagger can be calculated (if not exactly, at least very close) for any track. Thing is, the length of the track has nothing to do with the calculations, it's the radius of the turns that matter. It's just simple math. Obviously, both tires are turning the same RPM, but the inside tire is traveling a shorter distance and needs to be smaller in diameter than the outside tire. If it's not, it's either turning too slow or too fast, depending on the stagger and the radius of the turn. Tell me the distance across the infield and the width of the straightaways and I can calculate it. I can get pretty close. Banking, if any, can be adjusted for.
Now someone's going to come up and say "the turns at my track are different" but that can be adjusted for also.

I'm totally convinced that stagger can be calculated (if not exactly, at least very close) for any track. Thing is, the length of the track has nothing to do with the calculations, it's the radius of the turns that matter. It's just simple math. Obviously, both tires are turning the same RPM, but the inside tire is traveling a shorter distance and needs to be smaller in diameter than the outside tire. If it's not, it's either turning too slow or too fast, depending on the stagger and the radius of the turn. Tell me the distance across the infield and the width of the straightaways and I can calculate it. I can get pretty close. Banking, if any, can be adjusted for.
Now someone's going to come up and say "the turns at my track are different" but that can be adjusted for also.
Al at every dirt oval track the racers establish a groove and once that's established that's where you better be, you cannot just adjust, the measurement you would need would be from where left side tires run across the infield to track of left side tires at the end of the tangent point of the front stretch to the beginning of the tangent point of the back stretch, yes you can figure it but even if you do very few are the exact same on both ends, problem ends up being guys guessing at that distance would be all over the place and end up more inaccurate than just getting stagger based on total track length. You need to show up to a race with stagger set you can't wait till the groove is established you and your buddy run out and measure it and then just go snap your fingers and set it where you need to.

You can't wait till the groove is established you and your buddy run out and measure it and then just go snap your fingers and set it where you need to.
Explain to me why that is! People show up at the track with 10 sets of tires, why couldn't they change tires?
Even at that, with the groove changing from week to week, on small tracks, that change in the groove can't be terribly drastic, I don't think so anyway. Even at that, I see people using stagger as a tuning tool, that can't be right! I can't help but think that, if they change stagger, and they go faster, it's either because they got closer to the right stagger, or, they unwittingly/unknowingly, compensated for some other set up anomaly.

People show up at the track with 10 sets of tires, why couldn't they change tires?

per what you just wrote your indicating all that is needed is to change tires

Please tell us why they change tires.

answer: You haven't a clue why they change tires and what their decision to do so is based on.

Explain to me why that is! People show up at the track with 10 sets of tires, why couldn't they change tires?
Even at that, with the groove changing from week to week, on small tracks, that change in the groove can't be terribly drastic, I don't think so anyway. Even at that, I see people using stagger as a tuning tool, that can't be right! I can't help but think that, if they change stagger, and they go faster, it's either because they got closer to the right stagger, or, they unwittingly/unknowingly, compensated for some other set up anomaly.
Sure they can change tires, but they better already be staggered at least with in an 1/8 "
Guys don't keep changing tires with different staggers to get faster, that's not the way it works.

racing promotor: you must have missed his opening statement of fact.

He's totally convinced and preaching to the choir demanding they sing halaula.
IMHO your wasting your time on him but what you explain is always helpful to non believers. ... :)
I am not preaching to anybody or demanding anything. Just asking questions that's all.

Back