Weight

Magnesium and titanium components are available and comparatively expensive. Less than 5# I would worry more about the scale calibration at your track.

JPMKarting....now that is helping! Your not telling him to go on a diet, your recommending ways that he can cut the weight from his kart. This is what he wanted in the first place....not to be told to go on a diet. and your comment "Yet another thread that has gone off track by you"....wouldn't go off track if some on here would read the question before answering.

Mr angery....although I love to get into philosophical discussions on the merits of dieting and health, this is not the forum for it.

with regards to those that think that some of my posts get "off topic"....great!! love it!!! think about what your replying to and what answers tyou would expect to see if you asked the same question. i can almost bet that Johnson Racing #19 did not expect to get "go on a diet and watch what you eat". while i would be the first to jump in and get off track, i would ask that some on here think about what they are saying.

as flattop1 put it into words "not every driver is a jockey . diet and exercise is good no doubt. get you a 6'4 / 230 lb driver and tell him to start dieting after the swelling in your eye goes down look and see how much they lost"....

all i'm saying is think about what you post.....

I don't know if you've ever done business with Tod Miller but if I were trying to lighten a kart I'd call him. I've seen Tod pull 10 to 15 lbs off of a kart.

Lots of areas you can trim off a body. Cut weight tabs off kart. Cut some of the width down on the brake and gas pedals as long as it fits your foot still. Run less fuel if you can. If your running a clone or animal gt a small plastic gman tank. Change your shoes you race with to a light weight running, wrestling, or racing shoe.

The last thing I will say is i outrun people all the time that I weigh more than 3 pounds you sure that weight is an issue?

maybe a carbon fiber seat ? Also they do make aluminum heim ends , and depending on bodies there is weight to be saved there too if you can shop around.

x2 and thin wall axles or other lightweight axles, but that gets expensive.But Even at 10 lbs weight savings,is it gonna be worth it lap times wise?

please.....what class are you running? what's your total weight right now? how far off are you from everyone else? where are you at on the track compared to everyone else? (meaning do you run mid pack, back of the pack or leading laps?) this could be a determining factor(s) on why you want to look at the weight issue. cutting one pound overall allows you to place that one pound back where it's needed. cutting pound for the sake of being lighter might not be the way to go. i've heard more than once that some are looking at running heavier (no, not class wise) because it allows for the placement of weights were they will do the most good. several racers i know start with a bare chassis and weight everything they put on. then once the chassis is complete (race ready), they get the driver and the kart on the scales and start placing weights so the numbers are right. first they look at the overall weight and then look at the individual weights and the fun begins! moving around one pound can have a positive or a negative efffect on the kart as a whole. a one pound difference on the right front can mean the difference.......

just sayin....

diets? exercise? come on guys! the guy asked about cutting weight from a kart and all you can do is tell him to stop eating? get real. some can't help with the weight no matter what they do. and yet some on here think that because someone asks about cutting weight, the first thing you do is tell them to go on a diet? ya'll should be ashamed. i'm at 260, work keeps me running all day long. i eat a right and yet, because of the meds that I have to take, it's hard to lose any weight. so before you get on your high and mighty pedestal and tell people about diets and exercising and losing weight (like you are all helath nuts when you talk about using creosote and other highly dangerous chemicals), think about answering the question....

i can't believe that you would actually try and be a dietician and come up with your calorie counting and weight loss plans for anyone......

this is one thread that needs to be deleted.....

Geez! lighten up Francis! Didn't know we had to have your approval to post something. Are you the new forum police? Maybe adjust your meds.

nah....meds working fine...little light headed, but other than that, the pink elephants say hi.

some on here don't read the question being asked. the question was how do i cut some weight on the kart and some on here decided to play doctor and tell him all about his dietary needs. that's just wrong.

sorry that i got off on the wrong foot, but dang! you don't need my approval for jack! but what WE all need to do is try to help when asked a question, not to tell someone in so many words that they are fat and need to lose weight.

i am not now or ever will be a forum police officer....too many bullets would start flying. but i will speak out when i feel that the bounds of good taste and common sense are violated. and telling someone that they need to lose weight is in very bad taste.....

and the name is mike....not francis (unless your referencing francis the talking mule...because i've been told that i'm slightly mule headed....)

:D

Back