Weight

maybe a carbon fiber seat ? Also they do make aluminum heim ends , and depending on bodies there is weight to be saved there too if you can shop around.

Count how many calories you eat a day on average

Then cut it by 500 a day

That's 3500 calories a week, or 1 pound.

3 weeks and you're good

Last weekend I seen a steering wheel that had holes drilled through it. I am certain they prob dropped 1/4 of the overall weight of it out.

I would start with intermittent fasting

Drop your calories by 500 a day

Then pick a 16 hour window where you don't eat, usually like 8pm until noon the next day.

You can have water/coffee or sugar free drinks in that 16 hour window.

Then eat your below maintenance calories in 8 hours.

Easy and an effective method

Start with dropping your carbs a bit

Unless you just want to get crazy and sweat it out. I had a guy at work that fought MMA style and he was always dropping crazy weight by dropping water weight. Being dehydrated isn't good though.

How much do you weigh?

I've found that over the last few yrs. my time is much better spent on tires and set-ups. also few weeks back we had to add some weight to our Yammi powerwed kart and it went quicker with the weight added.

diets? exercise? come on guys! the guy asked about cutting weight from a kart and all you can do is tell him to stop eating? get real. some can't help with the weight no matter what they do. and yet some on here think that because someone asks about cutting weight, the first thing you do is tell them to go on a diet? ya'll should be ashamed. i'm at 260, work keeps me running all day long. i eat a right and yet, because of the meds that I have to take, it's hard to lose any weight. so before you get on your high and mighty pedestal and tell people about diets and exercising and losing weight (like you are all helath nuts when you talk about using creosote and other highly dangerous chemicals), think about answering the question....

i can't believe that you would actually try and be a dietician and come up with your calorie counting and weight loss plans for anyone......

this is one thread that needs to be deleted.....

100% with mikey56. First off he said he need to drop 3 lbs from kart. if you that close it is not an issue may be a mental thing but not a real issue. 30lbs you are not gonna get out of the chassis.
not every driver is a jockey . diet and exercise is good no doubt. get you a 6'4 / 230 lb driver and tell him to start dieting after the swelling in your eye goes down look and see how much they lost:)

Hey Mikey, that's not trying to be a dietician at all.

That's real world stuff.

Calories in versus calories out.

It seemed like he had exhausted options on dropping weight off the kart so I offered an alternative option.

And even for yourself, thyroid problems or what have you.

If you count your calories and add or subtract every day, you WILL lose or gain weight.

Not sitting high up on a horse at all, far from it. But I do lead as healthy a lifestyle as I can and if I can lend some knowledge of something I've learned along the way, I'm always more than happy to share it.

My input here will be finished from here on out.

I'm not here to argue, we're all here because we enjoy this hobby.

I wish both the OP and everyone else the best

2kdlime....thanks for your input, but telling someone, anyone that they should diet without knowing everything is bad. not to say that your routine or plan is bad, but without supervision from a doctor, what works for you might just have a very serious adverse effect on someone else. my meds aren't for weightloss, but for my health. being that i take them every day, losing weight jsut doesn't happen very easy for me. i can't stop taking my meds, yet i've had others on here tell me the same...need to lose weight...need to do this....need to got to this person cuz they will tell you....wrong. i'm under a doctors care for my health and seeing that i'm eating right and do get a fair amount of exercise each day (maybe not at the gym or paying some one to yell at me), i really don't mind the weight that i am. bottom line is to be very careful with recommending dieting or exercising or anything that will affect a person's health without knowing all the facts.

nuff said...

diets? exercise? come on guys! the guy asked about cutting weight from a kart and all you can do is tell him to stop eating? get real. some can't help with the weight no matter what they do. and yet some on here think that because someone asks about cutting weight, the first thing you do is tell them to go on a diet? ya'll should be ashamed. i'm at 260, work keeps me running all day long. i eat a right and yet, because of the meds that I have to take, it's hard to lose any weight. so before you get on your high and mighty pedestal and tell people about diets and exercising and losing weight (like you are all helath nuts when you talk about using creosote and other highly dangerous chemicals), think about answering the question....

i can't believe that you would actually try and be a dietician and come up with your calorie counting and weight loss plans for anyone......

this is one thread that needs to be deleted.....

Yet another thread that has gone off track by you....

Drill your steering wheel, drill your clevis', carbon fiber floor pan and seat, aluminum heims, drilled brake rotor, drilled wolf plate, no sprocket guard, drilled axle keys, drilled clutch guard....all things that will help

Hey Mikey, that's not trying to be a dietician at all.

That's real world stuff.

Calories in versus calories out.

It seemed like he had exhausted options on dropping weight off the kart so I offered an alternative option.

And even for yourself, thyroid problems or what have you.

If you count your calories and add or subtract every day, you WILL lose or gain weight.

Not sitting high up on a horse at all, far from it. But I do lead as healthy a lifestyle as I can and if I can lend some knowledge of something I've learned along the way, I'm always more than happy to share it.

My input here will be finished from here on out.

I'm not here to argue, we're all here because we enjoy this hobby.

I wish both the OP and everyone else the best

Thanks Dime for just laying out the way it Is !!!

Most people don’t understand the basic concept of losing weight and come up with a million and one excuses on why they can’t.

That being said I could stand to lose a few pounds myself. Any insight into what to eat when you think your starving to death but are not.

Thank you dime for taking the time to try and help.

Back