Welch racing red Burris prep

jllee05

Does anyone know if Welch is the only place to buy his red(pinkish) Burris outside prep, or if there's an equivalent out there?? Running dumplin in a few weeks and know I'll need welch's (or Similar)prep( I know it works great).

Thanks!

How much do you need? Welch is the only one the I know of that sells it, because it's pretty much his blend, but if you have issues with buying from him, for whatever reason, I've got plenty I can sell you a quart. I bought it from him though lol.

There is your answer, buy straight from the source at Welch's shop, or C4 can get you fixed up. But, either way Welch is really the only distributor of his prep.

Now as far as stuff like his prep, I won't venture to say. But, I'm sure there are a lot like it. But, doubt there are any as good!

The parts guy at the track normally has it in gallaons. It can be really good stuff at time not so much at others.

I believe this was originally Randy waters prep a few years back and Welch took it over I've personally ran both and Welchs is garbage compared to Randy's..

There are LOTS of "red" preps out there. Many are similar, I'm sure most are unique in one way or another.
We have a "red" that I call Pink Panther that has worked well there in the past. Same formula since 1989 - kinda old school but it still works today. :)
Jerry's a good guy to deal with and is in your area. Give him a call for his red.

Give me a call if you are interested in our Pink Panther.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
26 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Most likely, Welch has been around a long time. I don't run his preps but I'd guess it's most likely it hasn't changed.

Is this the same red prep he sells today? Just curious.
Yea, I can't tell you - better question for Jerry - I suspect it's the same. This thread is from 2015 and I bet there are still plenty of guys running red prep there. We still have a few guys running our Pink Panther in eastern TN, but honestly, I think there are better preps available than the old school red for outside of Burris.

Yea, I can't tell you - better question for Jerry - I suspect it's the same. This thread is from 2015 and I bet there are still plenty of guys running red prep there. We still have a few guys running our Pink Panther in eastern TN, but honestly, I think there are better preps available than the old school red for outside of Burris.
Yeah, I have some of his red. Just curious if it changed.

Back