Well here it is

Yep, Nitro is very unique...Hard as hell to tune if it's your first rodeo. The power is pretty much linear as far as %'s. It's expensive 40.00 gal most places in the US and it weighs more than water...believe it's 10.1lbs a gallon. Strange stuff for sure.

I dont think you can blame people for trying, im not for cheating one bit, but if your top 5 every week running behind the same guys/girls you have to start thinking where are they getting that extra .5 of a tenth? next year in nascar when everyone has the same equipment you will see the people Cheating up front.

My theory is that if you are caught cheating in any fashion that the track should ban you for a few weeks then make you run against the rwyb class the rest of the season with the equipment you were caught cheating with.

we run an open class so it’s flatties versus clones in a knockdown drag out!
I would entertain that. I have quite a few flatties sitting on my shelf here waiting for me to lose weight so i can run flatties again. Also have a clone i am acquiring parts to build for heavy/ super heavy.

No where close the same comparison BIG difference between found to be Illegal VS CHEATING !! especially when it's using chemicals that have been banned

Can you explain to me the difference between cheating vs. illegal?

So if I run hot fuel, I'm cheating and should be banned for life.

But if I've got a big cam and my lift is .017 over limit, that's just illegal and I'm not banned?

But if I've got a big cam and my lift is .017 over limit, that's just illegal and I'm not banned?
In this case yes you cheated, but you cannot label it the same because more times than not to much lift is just a product of wear and is illegal out of spec, in those cases there was no violation of spirit of intent.
Adding a banned chemical there's NO other way to cut it it's an outright cheat.

I think very few people on here would support the "Banned for life" statement.
I do agree with Ken though when it comes to adding banned chemicals to your fuel. I for one do not want to sit on the grid and have to breath that while waiting to get on the track.

Most organizations have a rule if found tampering with fuel you face a lifetime ban because this has LITERALLY killed people. Furthermore, if you run a big cam, while it is immoral, your competitors face not chance of physical harm. If you run fuel tainted with whatever chemicals, the people you race with are inhaling whatever noxious fumes you have decided to add to your fuel and face potentially severe physical outcomes without any prior knowledge or consent. Furthermore, you open up the karting facility and organizations to whole plethora of liability and sanctions. All so you could win a $20 trophy. The fact this needs to be explained to you demonstrates your respect for those who chose to compete with you.

Most organizations have a rule if found tampering with fuel you face a lifetime ban because this has LITERALLY killed people. Furthermore, if you run a big cam, while it is immoral, your competitors face not chance of physical harm. If you run fuel tainted with whatever chemicals, the people you race with are inhaling whatever noxious fumes you have decided to add to your fuel and face potentially severe physical outcomes without any prior knowledge or consent. Furthermore, you open up the karting facility and organizations to whole plethora of liability and sanctions. All so you could win a $20 trophy. The fact this needs to be explained to you demonstrates your respect for those who chose to compete with you.

I don't need anything explained to me, nor do you know anything about the respect for those I race with.

If you think I'm in agreement or advocating for anything, you obviously don't know what the term "devils advocate" means.

I'm simply replying to Don's suggestion of tampering with fuel should result in a lifetime ban....how tampering with fuel should result in a ban, but a high lift cam shouldn't. Illegal is illegal, cheating is cheating.

If my big cam motor grenades, and a piece of the block punches through someone's helmet shield and takes there eye out, is that any different then exposing them to harmful inhalants from hot fuel?

I don't need anything explained to me, nor do you know anything about the respect for those I race with.

If you think I'm in agreement or advocating for anything, you obviously don't know what the term "devils advocate" means.

I'm simply replying to Don's suggestion of tampering with fuel should result in a lifetime ban....how tampering with fuel should result in a ban, but a high lift cam shouldn't. Illegal is illegal, cheating is cheating.

If my big cam motor grenades, and a piece of the block punches through someone's helmet shield and takes there eye out, is that any different then exposing them to harmful inhalants from hot fuel?
I agree with you on this , wrong is wrong.. Some people seem to get there kicks tryin to come up
With new rules .

No one trying to come up with new rules!! Just my take on the situation. It is the responsibility of every track owner to see that all on the property are at a safe facility. Using fuels that are harmful to others who don’t know they are inhaling it is not a safe issue for all those on the property. My PERSONAL take is a permanent ban on anyone using harmful fuel.

In the 90's and 00's, Cup crew chiefs would soak the air filter in propylene oxide and slap it on right before qualifying.

Back