Well here it is

The argument by many in this thread is that it will makeit more toxic. Suddenly we all care about not usingdangerous chemicals... :rolleyes:
The CDC and and EPA list Benzyne as a Class A Carcigenic. Propolene Oxide is a Class B. A Class A being more Carcinogenic. Benzyne is currently standard in all fuels.

This discussion is not suddenly it has came up several times in the past before your time on here !!
My meaning with suddenly is that in this thread we all care about the danger of the chemicals we use. On any other thread we all talk about which dangerous chemicals work best at xyz track. Just very strange to me that we turn a blind eye to the stuff we like to use, and condemn this particular one.

If we allowed this particular one, where would the percentage of mix end up..? Who would determine what is a safe allowance for people to be around?

If we allowed this particular one, where would the percentage of mix end up..? Who would determine what is a safe allowance for people to be around?
Who says anybody has to? We don't worry about the safety of having methanol, that burns clear, at every race. I'd guess that 90% of pits don't even have a fire extinguisher. Safe or unsafe is not the question we should be asking. Legal or illegal should be the question. We all know it is illegal, so leave it at that. Give the person the standard penalties like you would for any illegal part and move along.

If somebody runs an illegal carb, or an illegal head, there are rules that stipulate the punishment. Fuel should be the same, no matter how or why it was failing.
That's what were trying to say, and adding a banned chemical to fuel, the stipulated punishment should be banned for life from karting !!
No one said just do it without changing the rule.

That's what were trying to say, and adding a banned chemical to fuel, the stipulated punishment should be banned for life from karting !!
No one said just do it without changing the rule.
Do you ban someone for life for an illegal rod, cam, springs, heads, etc.? No you don't. Make illegal illegal, and make the punishments fair. Banning for life starts to hurt the sport pretty quickly. A two week suspension just hurts a few weeks.

Do you ban someone for life for an illegal rod, cam, springs, heads, etc.? No you don't. Make illegal illegal, and make the punishments fair. Banning for life starts to hurt the sport pretty quickly. A two week suspension just hurts a few weeks.
Guess you didn't pick up on the last post I'm agreeing with you, and agree here BUT saying rules need changed to define differently between Illegal and out right cheat, Drilling out a plate should be a 2 week stay at home, ( and would be fair ) adding a banned chemical to fuel should be a life time ban is my view and others, and should hurt more than just a few weeks. ( and would be fair )

I may not have done enough research on this . I don't see it listed as banned .
Heres a interesting tidbit .
niosh estimates that more than 200,000 workers in the United States are potentially exposed to propylene oxide. Most workers are exposed to propylene oxide during its use as an intermediate in the manufacture of (1) polyols for urethane applications, (2) propylene glycol for polyester resins, and (3) propylene glycol ethers for solvents, coatings, and cleaning compounds. Propylene oxide is also increasingly considered as a substitute for ethylene oxide as a sterilant for medical equipment and a fumigant for foodstuffs.

The potential for propylene oxide to produce cancer in humans has not been determined. However, the results of studies in animals fulfill the criteria in the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Cancer Policy

Bottom line were never all going to agree on how things should be policed, but it seems common logic would say the more severe the violation the more severe the punishment should be, not treated all the same just a DQ for the night.

I agree cheating is cheating . The scematics of how you cheated , don't change the fact you failed the rule .
This thread has replaced a ratio is a ratio .
If your fuel tests wrong DQ . Know full well its getting checked again and often .

Since it's been awhile since we've had a thread with a good debate, let's continue.
Am I correct in what I'm hearing from some, let's say someone running a plate class drills out the plate and get's caught, get's DQed of course BUT continues for 6 weeks in a row getting caught which changed the out come of every race, and all that should be done is say all well cheating is cheating and no further penalties should apply ever.

Back