Well here it is

Okay, now I see how this is cheating. You can use a certain level of octane, but thats pretty much the only thing you can do.

put down your chemistry set and learn how to drive. a good setup, the right gear, good tires and knowing how to get around the track will beat a hp almost every time. if you think one hp will have you passing everyone down the strait you are sorely mistaken
I do agree with that. I used the slowest LO206 slide EVER by accident, yet I STILL finished 4th! The only changes I made were removing my weights ( I was 125 lbs over with those) and using 93 octane!

put down your chemistry set and learn how to drive. a good setup, the right gear, good tires and knowing how to get around the track will beat a hp almost every time. if you think one hp will have you passing everyone down the strait you are sorely mistaken
At the biggest races in the country, theres several who can drive, has a good set up, the right gear, great tires and know how to drive....any slight HP advantage helps. This is why you see lots of innovation at these races from time to time, sometimes they get caught, lots of times they dont.
Will this help a local Saturday night racer, usually not.

At the biggest races in the country, theres several who can drive, has a good set up, the right gear, great tires and know how to drive....any slight HP advantage helps. This is why you see lots of innovation at these races from time to time, sometimes they get caught, lots of times they dont.
Will this help a local Saturday night racer, usually not.
Come on Earl, nothing funny happens at big races.

This is why tracks spec their fuel. This recipe assumes that the tech is going of a baseline established by Cyclohexane. However, if the track specs a fuel (preferably a non-ethanol type) this recipe will get you tossed in a heartbeat. If the track uses a specific gravity test, this recipe will also get you tossed. The recipe is designed to beat a specific process and is an attempt to circumvent the rule by tricking the test = cheating. Furthermore, use of the chemical poses a risk to other racers (to which they are not aware of the risk they are taking) in order to win a trophy and maybe a few bucks = total lack of regard for anyone other than themselves and boosting their own tiny ego.

Back