Wet low bite Track

To me this should be more of a setup and tire question. Any of the newer chassis 2010 and up should get it done easily with the right numbers and tires on it.

Just thunkin about it off the top of my usually wrong head????

The difference between low bite wet and low bite dusty or marbles is how you put your tires to the track and mainly the right side tires.

When you punch your tires thru wet there's slick to be found and when you punch your tires thru dusty or marbles there's grip to be found.

Because of the last sentence the difference is more about timing and how you apply weight to the right side tires.
Bang the tire thru dust or marbles and you may find grip.
Bang the tire thru wet and you find slick.
... So? The difference is with you need to do things to setup to ease your right side tires into the track and that will be done by when you put your right side tires to the track and how rapidly you transfer weight.

Your tires can be made to go thru dust, marbles and wet but it's about what you find when you get thru to the track and how fast your weight is hitting the track.

... or maybe because this is all just IMHO and ain't necessairly right anyway. ... :)

How hard you can push into the track when you get to it also depends on how much of the surface of the tire you using.
I think of it as either cutting into the track with a knife or banging into it with a sledge hammer.
Once you get thru the wet, dust or marbles depending on how hard the track is you still may either need to use a knife or sledge hammer to get grip.
So all of the above is swayed again by what you end up presenting to the track and how hard you present either.
Hard under the surface may need a heavy knife to get into it.
And soft under the surface may not need but be able to use a heavy hammer applied to it.

It's all about getting thru the wet, dust or marbles and then being able to grab some grip with either a knife or a hammer and about how hard and when you hit it.

... yep complicated but if you identify your on track issue correctly it's then just a matter of using the best tool and about how you use it.

... or not?????????????? just thunkin and writing.

Identify the root of the on track problem correctly and then you use what ever tools you have available to you to try to fix it.

How hard or how soft the tire is also changes how it's applied to the track in terms of either banging it into the track or easing it into the track.
^^^^^^^
I just stole that from the next post. ... :)

Last edited:
While I agree, any top brand would get the job done, if you plan to stay at this track or this type of track then a small tube chassis will likely serve you better. Something like a MinEcon or even a Triton Jr. But 95% of it is tire and prep. Vega yellows punching 25-35 are what we used for wet, no bite tracks down here in the south.

Back