We've Lost an Icon RIP Henry Albritton

I was interning at Briggs & Stratton, just 19 years old, when I first met Henry. Karting was something that I was just getting into. Yes, I was a late bloomer. :) Henry came to Milwaukee for a Briggs dealer meeting. After two days of meetings I had a chance to sit down with Henry at dinner. His love for karting was infectious. So much so that the next week I bought my first chassis. A college kid carrying a kart in and out of a glorified dorm to race. I was blessed. I continued to receive calls from Henry who would offer me what I took as advice but looking back it was more about the real world and life. Passionate, caring, and genuine, Henry was all of these things.

I'm sad to hear of Henry's passing and my condolences to the Albritton family. Thank you Henry for the lessons I was too young and clueless at the time to recognize and for our friendship that stretched over half of my life. Thank you for what you put into the sport of karting. I am one of many who you have touched.

David Klaus - Director, Briggs & Stratton Racing
Posted for Dave.

Prayers and condolences for the Albritton family from Bob and Connie Evans. Godspeed.

Back