WF build

Backyardkarter

I have what I believe is a stock WF motor that the rod seized on the crank. I have not run this motor. I would like to do a slight build to compete with a built clone on alcohol. Anyone that has built these motor have some advise? Was thinking of just starting with a stock crank and a ARC "Beefy" rod. What else is recommended, wanting strong and reliable.

I have what I believe is a stock WF motor that the rod seized on the crank. I have not run this motor. I would like to do a slight build to compete with a built clone on alcohol. Anyone that has built these motor have some advise? Was thinking of just starting with a stock crank and a ARC "Beefy" rod. What else is recommended, wanting strong and reliable.
The stock rod and domed piston work nicely, but if you're needing a new rod, then just go ahead with the long rod and piston combo at the same time. .310" lift cam, 2X valve springs and have the carb made stock appearing.
Now, I don't know how "built" the clone on alcohol is, but this WF combo is a nice and cheap build of decent power.
You really could use a bigger carb (28mm Mikuni would be my choice,) then you can go up on valve size to better accommodate the carb, followed by 1.3:1 roller rockers.

I just finished a similar build and the customer is smiling ear to ear.
Today, it's back to a stock WF for Jr sprint racing. :)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

The stock rod and domed piston work nicely, but if you're needing a new rod, then just go ahead with the long rod and piston combo at the same time. .310" lift cam, 2X valve springs and have the carb made stock appearing.
Now, I don't know how "built" the clone on alcohol is, but this WF combo is a nice and cheap build of decent power.
You really could use a bigger carb (28mm Mikuni would be my choice,) then you can go up on valve size to better accommodate the carb, followed by 1.3:1 roller rockers.

I just finished a similar build and the customer is smiling ear to ear.
Today, it's back to a stock WF for Jr sprint racing. :)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
It sounds like putting a larger intake valve will enhance the wf. Say 1.06 stk to a 1.125 and port mace of course.

It sounds like putting a larger intake valve will enhance the wf. Say 1.06 stk to a 1.125 and port mace of course.
As long as you have enough carb to carry it. You don't want to lose port velocity on an engine where you might need to peddle the throttle.

Back