WF seasonal maintenance?

Mac_49

I was stumbling around the storage unit and found a couple WF's I forgot I bought some years back. Figured it'd be fun to get them back out but I have no idea their health status.
What's their off season rebuild like? Are they normally sent in to have head work done or just swap some springs and gaskets out?
Note these are just going to be for fun motors, nothing competitive.

My guess is off season will be like any other . $$$x 3 .
Seems like a good time for some diy .
spring get rust which leads to fracture .
cylinder same if its rusty minimum clean and hone worst case bore .

It should all just be for fun!!
If they turn over that would be an important sign.
You might want to just consider putting 14 oz of fresh Briggs 4T oil in the crankcase and a couple of squirts in the spark plug hole.
Put an old blankety on the floor and roll the engine around a bit and then pull the recoil a few more times to get oil on all the important parts.
The 4T oil part is very important!!
If fuel was left in the carbs, I'll bet you will have to clean them. Especially the idle jet.
If you need any parts, I have WF parts on the shelf.
If you are actually going to race them then you might want to go through them or have someone else do it for you.
Good Luck

It should all just be for fun!!
If they turn over that would be an important sign.
You might want to just consider putting 14 oz of fresh Briggs 4T oil in the crankcase and a couple of squirts in the spark plug hole.
Put an old blankety on the floor and roll the engine around a bit and then pull the recoil a few more times to get oil on all the important parts.
The 4T oil part is very important!!
If fuel was left in the carbs, I'll bet you will have to clean them. Especially the idle jet.
If you need any parts, I have WF parts on the shelf.
If you are actually going to race them then you might want to go through them or have someone else do it for you.
Good Luck
Morning Jimbo! I'm actually the one that just ordered WF parts from you and you mentioned that Briggs doesn't make the carb overhaul kit anymore. :)
Also, I'm really liking the new website!!

Thank you!
Like i said I have the WF carb parts separately, just not in a rebuild kit.

Back