whast the going rate for powdercoat

I had my chassis blasted,and recoated along with my cage on my outlaw conversion done candy purple, and the nerf bars,bumpers,pedals silver and it was 265

Doug thats pretty much the rate around N.J. Little cheaper in pennsy but then you got the cost of getting it there.

I get 250 white or black and 200 pounds of black diamond 1 red scotchbrite . Take it or leave it it still a freebe in my opinion all it takes is one screwup and i own it. Real oven cant be fired for less than 50.00 a cycle good powder is 8,.00 a pound , have you done any of those trifeling little wheels and of course you want a candy color 10 is about right for a new wheel id say 15-20 for rehabed in a candy. I dont charge my circle we barter seems to.makeceveryone happier guess its becase im a fixer not a consumer . I do the fancy colors but its extra central va

Now this is sad....... I could ship a frame most anywhere in the country to get it blasted and powdercoated cheaper than I can get it done locally here in Florida without the shipping costs. Sheesh.

Vintagequest, From my view I was thinking it was sad that many prices were coming in lower than the 350 price that you had mentioned. Like curtracer mentioned to do a good job with the time and equipment needed I can't see why anyone would want to be in the business. I have the equipment to do it yet I did a few and see no reason to offer my time and equipment to do any more for the price that others are willing to do it for. Sort of a double edge sword, if everything thing we want was worth less in price at some point everything we want would be worthless.

I understand. I imagine some could do it of with a color that a lot of other items are being done with at the same time and get under $200, but if someone could guarantee a quality job for under $200, I'm shipping it. :)

Check Aesthetic Finishers in Piqua ,Ohio. 937-778-8777 ext 234 Greg
They do all mine thermal stripped, rusty spots blasted and coated 150.00 regular colors.
Candy and flouro slightly higher for 1 kart, multiple kart discount.
They are a large powdercoater and do a very professional job start to finish!
I have no vested interest in the company other than a satisfied customer time and time again.

in eastern pa 150-300 depending what you want done. I had the frame, side rails, front and rear nerf bars, steering shaft, steering column, and 4qt tank, front spindles. those are the price range my sponsor told me. I just had to pay him the cost of the powder coating material.

My 250 will blast and coat all the steel and aluminum on your kart minus wheels ,i tell all my people bring everything you want done and thats everything disassembled ,use a little common sense. most of the time were tradeing stuff (BARTER ) IM A RACER ,FLATHEADS no new equipment all rehabed . I will tell you if your chassis wasx red and you want it white ,if it was powdered correctly the first time ,i really dont want to mess with it . Dont care ifvyou blast it burn it or drage it around the yard you cant get all the red out of the metal ,you have to recoat so thick that it wont pass an impact. Test,which brings up the clears and candys . Ao good powder job is around 4 mils thick this is optimum for adhesion and impact resistance as stated by ppg ( the best powder on the market) so if i want candy i have a base color ,3 mils hopefully i got uniform coverage but im trying to keep it thin because we all know a chassis flexes. Candy effect 3 mils if im lucky more like 4 tovget uniformity, now all the candys need some clear hope fully 3 mils will go on and cover .from e xperience it wont usually ends up around 6 in some spots ,of course these are critical areas that are going to ckip. My point is 10 mils is not a durable job . Do alu wheels much better results but the wheels need to becready for it ( polished to a shaving mirror ) eliminates the base .acid wash with a gray scotch brite ,immediate warm water rinse ,another wash just to.make sure all the silicone is gone warm water rinse air dry ,mask the edge and flage preheat let cool to below 80 degrees powder xand cook i go 415 for 2!mins let it cool back below 100 ,light coat of clear ,heat to 415 for 14 mins dont bring them down fasr let em cool slowly (20 mins) and you should have a nice loohing wheel thats durable. Now lets talk about what heat does to tubeng ,daily i see 1 1/2 steel tubeing in 20 foot lengths warpped as much as 5 inches over 20 feet not every pice does it but some do ,its true that my oven will not approach tempering temps .however i beleive it does changecor at least alter surface tensions .ram me if you wantvim just telling you whatvi see daily these are welded and nonwelded pices ,yes a lot of it has to do with how thecwelder welded it but that doesnt explain plain material ,my point is if your chassis was free last year it may be a litte tightvthis year . My crew chief shakes his head every time he sees on of my "projects" and yes i tell my race budies about this before we get into the color . Ive done serveral full sized (lmsc) chassis and a fewxclips but these cars have a suspension to compensate for whatever happens. .justcwanted to share some info with you guys . Im bitting nails and prepping tires waiting for. March,if onlyi could find a woman that smelled like trac tac and tasted of thorvoil id be in heaven

Curtracer does awesome work I must say the man knows his stuff. All you have to do is take a look at my chassis he did for me. Couldn't be happier with the job or the great price that he offers.

the guy here wants $200 to $250 depending on color.....im in new jersey so everything is alittle higher...i thought that was alittle steep...he does good work and has a quick turn around ....i was just thinking it would be around $150.....what is everybody else charging?

Hammerin,

Give Jay or Jeff Furlong from Custom Metal Coating a call. They're located in Sunbury, PA. I have been taking anything I've needed powder coated, from race cars, to top wings, kart frames, hell I've even given them a set of new door hinges for my old truck to powder coat.

I had my micro sprint frame done in flat black. $200 and that included stripping of the old coat and application of the new coat.

My kart frame I had blasted and coated for around $100

Here's their number and website:

www.custommetalcoating.com

717-988-2226

You wont regret their service, and tell them The Hawk sent you.

Back