What about an ATV Hitch Carrier for my Margay Brava 206 Kart?

Would this work. Found one that is 57.5 inches wide. I have a 2006 Mustang would this work? Device is $499.99. What do you guys think?

Tractor Supply has inexpensive open trailers for about $7-800 as I recall. That would be MUCH better. Obviously a used one would be much less.
It would also take most of the load off the back of your car. Just figure, tools, kart stand, canopy if you race during the day, and all your misc. parts, gears, oils, etc. etc. add up. A small trailer is much better then an ATV hitch. If you have a garage, you can load the whole mess up and push it in the garage the night before. I suspect an ATV hitch will get old real quick!
I realize you want to do this on a shoe string, and that can be done. But you will have to spend some money on the important stuff.
Clark Gaynor Sr.

I agree with Clark, I am gonna get into racing but i have raced jr dragsters and stuff and we always had tools, generator, air compressor, and all that stuff, and I have been informed about a bunch of stuff i ned to take to the races with me and there is a long list. I think that that could work to haul the kart but you are gonna need tool, spare parts, oil, fuel, helmet and other safety gear, I think that it could be done but I think that getting a small trailer will work way better.

I think I see where you are coming from now, from your other threads plus this one, but do heed what ClarkSr and Mo Predator Racer have said above.

That said, you have 2 limiting factors - the 2006 Mustang is definitely a limiting factor for max trailer weight; not the best choice for towing, but it can work if you heed the advice on structure by Ted Hamilton in the thread you started on the Harbor Freight trailer. To add to what ClarkSr said about a shoe string budget, remember this; in spite of how some people view karting, there is NO cheap way to go racing, only some types of racing that are less expensive than others. This is an unfortunate fact. If it means you have to delay your start in racing a few months in order to do it with adequate equipment, that is unfortunate, but, in the long haul, the best decision. Best of luck, and don't give up.

Back