what air filter best fits KB dual carb

spincycle

got a K & N with 3" inside diameter opening end, the KB dual carb set up has something of an oval shape cone that it fits over, is there an oval shaped filter that better fits/seals up anyone is aware of? Thx!

Yeah, the one i got is a large size, cone shaped k&n, just somewhat concerned that it isnt sealing 100% even with the hose clamp tightened down extra snug because of the odd shape of the oval shaped carb opening and the round opening of the filter....

A GO TO thread for the new or newer dirt oval racers offering Info & Support
put Vaseline on the filter adapter then put the filter on and tighten
XXX#40 Post #167 Jun 5, 2019 Forum: General Karting Discussio
This may help if there amy gaps or just put on after clamping the filter .

That's the one listed on the link above and the one I use with the duals too (RB0910). 5 degree angle also helps a little because I have had problems with oher filters saving 5he chassis or draggin under it.

That's the one listed on the link above and the one I use with the duals too (RB0910). 5 degree angle also helps a little because I have had problems with oher filters saving 5he chassis or draggin under it.
the RB 0910 has a 5 degree angle to it? searched the KN website, couldn't tell for sure...the cone style one I have does seem to sit just slightly below the frame rail, not happy with that....Thx!

the RB 0910 has a 5 degree angle to it? searched the KN website, couldn't tell for sure...the cone style one I have does seem to sit just slightly below the frame rail, not happy with that....Thx!
Yes, it has a slight angle (5 degree). I would prefer a higher degree angle but in any case the lowest part would probably still go a little below the rail, which is only an issue coming into the tracks or leaving the track or have an area that makes the central area of the frame hit a bank. In normal racing condition the tire height prevents this to happen.

I don't know if this will help or not, but will offer up what I did. BRC 150 with the dual Buller carbs on laydown enduro kart. Carbs ended up with a severe downward angle and needed to level out a mount for the air filter. This is not an inexpensive option, but it worked perfectly for me. I used two parts - 1) a 3" silicone air intake tube with 45 degree elbow and 2) a 3" thin wall aluminum tube. Cut a short section out of the silicone elbow as shown in the photo. This provides a change in angle and it gives you a oval shaped opening that fits over the carb intake much better than a round air filter neck. You cut a length of the alum tube needed to mount the air filter you want to run. I had a tight space to fit this in so I ran the K&N RA-0990 filter which is short but larger around with an offset mounting flange. Worked perfectly for me. You can work with this to get more changes in the curve you want to achieve.
These are links for the hose and tube, but I'm sure they can be found cheaper.
https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/vpe-2754/overview/https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/vpe-2173/overview/
NgGUU3o.jpg

mpmyZfA.jpg

Back