What Are The Best Years........

And I'm pretty sure it was what the people wanted. No one wanted to have to resart with a new engine when the flathead program was working just fine. Don't fix what ain't broken.

yeah its pretty much a copy of the Honda too. If they came out with the animal in 1990, you would have never heard of a clone.

racing engine?? a 1960s Honda cub engine is 10 times more race than any briggs motor. the animal, world formula, lo206 are all rebadged pressure washer/generator log splitter motors, exactly the same as the "raptor/5hp flathead" engine. briggs doesn't want to make 10 different engines they want to make as few as possible all sharing the same parts if they can. however many motors they sell to kart racers is a joke compared to the motors they sell to companies like toro. and the EPA killed the flathead on the pressure washers so briggs had to fix the flathead this is the same thing that happened to two stroke motocross bikes same EPA requirement for emission reasons . the mx market has now exploited a loophole to bring 2 strokes back. briggs could care less about the flat head as they have already retooled their factories.

racing engine?? a 1960s Honda cub engine is 10 times more race than any briggs motor. the animal, world formula, lo206 are all rebadged pressure washer/generator log splitter motors, exactly the same as the "raptor/5hp flathead" engine. briggs doesn't want to make 10 different engines they want to make as few as possible all sharing the same parts if they can. however many motors they sell to kart racers is a joke compared to the motors they sell to companies like toro. and the EPA killed the flathead on the pressure washers so briggs had to fix the flathead this is the same thing that happened to two stroke motocross bikes same EPA requirement for emission reasons . the mx market has now exploited a loophole to bring 2 strokes back. briggs could care less about the flat head as they have already retooled their factories.
Well it's clear you already know everything you think you know so have a great day and many embarrassing inaccurate arguments with yourself.

1965 honda super 90=8 hp @ 9000 RPM at 90cc forced lubrication overhead cam, domed piston, canted valves cross flow head
vs briggs 200+cc side valve making 5 hp splash lubrication and a carburetor with a 90 degree bend in it LOL
but go ahead and call it a race motor because they paint it sparkle silver or orange. even though all the parts fit my cousins log splitter Gulible is the correct word for sure

The EPA was placing restrictions on lawnmowers the exact time the animal came out but again I have no clue what I'm talking about go ahead and look it up
there are around 10 Briggs engines at Home Depot on generators, log splitters , and lawn mowers and there are around 2000 stores in the us that's 20,000 briggs units just sitting on the shelf at Home Depot. now factor in Lowes, ACE Walmart etc and you'll see kart racers makeup a small market for them
I understand some people don't like facts

The point is that just because you don't care for the flatheads anymore and will argue up and down about power this and cost that means nothing to some people. The engine itself still has a stout following and if you don't agree with what some people want then go peddle your opinion elsewhere. Your sandpaper like personality isn't appealing.

I'm still on the hunt for one of those craftsman push mowers with the 24 hp flathead overhead cam raptor engine on it. Hard to governor one of those mowers I heard. Some ppl have even figured out how to float the valves at just the right time to make it bag the grass more efficiently. One day I'll find one😘😂🤪

don't know the year, but the " J" blocks are the best, they are most of the time red, but look on the side of where the breather bolts on and there will be a J stamped on the block

Back