What brand helment do you guys prefer?

karting29

ive been on a simpson this past year but i am upgrading to the newer versions. Thinking about a bell
K1... what do you guys think?

Don't get simpson - cheap garbage. The bells are nice, but the K1 is one of their cheaper molds. Get one of their stand-off series (red lines). You can't beat them and they have a bucnch of small size increments so the fit is good. Try em on first cuz there is a difference - a BIG difference.

Bell. Force of habit, because they've always come through for me when the stuff hit the fan, going back to long before full face helmets even existed.

try them on first bells and simpsons fit way different I'm a bell man simpsons don't have enough cheek padding for me

I use an HJC Hellion, but also have a Vega Artura, and love them both but the HJC is way more comfortable, and has a tinted visor which helps alot. The HJC also has more padding inside and fits nice and tight vs the vega being a little loose. Just get whatever is most comfortable to you, it doesnt matter what anyone else prefers if it isnt comfortable to the person who will be wearing it, in my opinion.

Im a bell gtx owner myself and love it . Rory and the guys at bell are awesome to deal with and they have a quality product with many options to choose from. After all how much is your head worth? Thats the question when im buying a helmet and also most every racing parts facility whether its cars or karts has some sort of bell apparel in their inventory which makes getting anything you may need just that much easier even if they dont stock it .

have two...simpson voyager that is set up for daylight with a blue smoke shield....impact charger set up for night time with the amber shield. both helmets have advantages and disadvantages. the voyager has a wide view window and it's high up so i have to block about half the shield to keep the sun from shining right in my eyes....the charger has the bottom lip that makes it push up when wearing the valhalla 360 device.....but i wouldn't trade either one....both are fine examples of good engineering and safety. some will disagree, but you need a helmet that's appropriate for your situation and budget. i'd love to have a stilo...but the least expensive one is $900.00 and most racers don't have that kind of capital laying around. so, what's the answer? reasearch all of them yourself. be conscience of price, construction and what the helmet is rated for (karting, auto racing, motocross....) and what your budget can afford. A lot of "M" rated helmets will do just fine for kart racing. While "how much is your noggin worth?" holds true for a lot of safety equipment that we buy, we are all budget minded racers and buying a $1000 helmet just isn't in the cards. Some will say buy ---------- (name your own brand) because ------- (fill in your reasons), but the bottom line is what can you afford that will protect you in a way that will let you race and still be safe. Spending $1000 on a helmet, or even $500 is a lot.....but there are more affordable ways to give you a level of protection that all kart racers need without breaking the bank. I do know some racers that spent $1000 on a helmet, jsut to stay at home from racing because they couldn't afford it. Doesn't do you any good to have a very expensive name brand helmet to protect your noodle when you can't afford to race.....

Don't get simpson - cheap garbage. The bells are nice, but the K1 is one of their cheaper molds. Get one of their stand-off series (red lines). You can't beat them and they have a bucnch of small size increments so the fit is good. Try em on first cuz there is a difference - a BIG difference.

cheap garbage?,that is your opinion.

HJC All the way! I currently own 2 now and for the price and comfort I wont use anything else. I tried using a Simpson and it felt uncomfortable and was way overpriced. Choose what works best for you.

I'd love to have a stilo....only problem is that if i got one, i'd be sitting at home because i shot my yearly budget on a helmet! lol!! not really, but that is one product that your paying for quality.....

Back