What CHASSIS MANUFACTURER DO you consider the best right now and why ?

ok then why did Donnie Nall over at Charger tell me that they did?
I believe Premier used to provide specifications to have the chassis made at the same location as Charger. Not sure if it was actually Charger making the chassis, anyhow, when they came back, they were inspected and tested by the Premier guys and if they didn't like it they would cut it, weld it, and make it right. Ask Robin Bradshaw or Ken Hodges they'll tell you the history.

I get it. They won’t sell it until it’s a proven winner. Hard to beat that
I believe they have gone away from this model to address supply and demand. IMHO it was imperfect anyways... i.e. great you get a chassis that "won" what did it win? A state or local race? A Saturday night race with a small field? A JR class? Adult? Predator? Limited? My point is there was no standard for "winning" kart other than P1 somewhere somehow. Great idea but not so simple to carry out.

Let's hear it !!! What flag are you flying on race day ?
I have two JR drivers and they are both on Premiers for a few reasons, none of which has to do with me having any data or experience to backup their chassis being "the best."
1. Premiers are fast when and where we race in general.
2. I can get a lot of support for the Premier from other drivers. Everything from scaling to tire help. I need all the help I can get lol.
3. I've never been unable to get the parts I need, even in a pinch. There is always someone to fill an order or pick up the phone.

I believe Premier used to provide specifications to have the chassis made at the same location as Charger. Not sure if it was actually Charger making the chassis, anyhow, when they came back, they were inspected and tested by the Premier guys and if they didn't like it they would cut it, weld it, and make it right. Ask Robin Bradshaw or Ken Hodges they'll tell you the history.
whatever the history of Premier at some point the people at Charger were welding them up. the statement 'Never were' is incorrect. The karts in yellow are for sale you will notice Yarbrough and some other top drivers do not run a yellow kart. ??? they are proven winners don't see why you can't just get a new one. silly gimmick thats all.

whatever the history of Premier at some point the people at Charger were welding them up. the statement 'Never were' is incorrect. The karts in yellow are for sale you will notice Yarbrough and some other top drivers do not run a yellow kart. ??? they are proven winners don't see why you can't just get a new one that's all. silly gimmick thats all.
I believe you can get a new, never-been-raced-kart now. Agreed it's an imperfect system and process.

whatever the history of Premier at some point the people at Charger were welding them up. the statement 'Never were' is incorrect. The karts in yellow are for sale you will notice Yarbrough and some other top drivers do not run a yellow kart. ??? they are proven winners don't see why you can't just get a new one. silly gimmick thats all.
I didn’t say “never were” and I don’t have any information to defend either side of then debate. Chargers and Premiers are both great products. Competitive, winning chassis through and through 😊

so I guess there is Phantom, Slack and some welding shop in the Carolinas with questionable abilities. that make all the karts out there and they're all fitted with either PRC or Performance Mfg. parts... interesting

Why has Legend not been mentioned? If I buy a new chassis, it will be from Joel. I have a 1999 offset and he’s been more helpful and willing to communicate, than 3 other top companies combined. Before I bought a used kart, I was shopping for new. 2 of the 3 that I called, never responded back or answered any type of phone. Why would I buy from a company like that? Yes I’m new to dirt oval racing, yes I have newb questions. This group has been very accommodating but I was a little surprised of the customer interaction from a couple of the “top” companies. Coming from a 17 year retail business owner, in the recreation/fitness industry, pre sale support and service, is very important IMO.

I don't know what kind of interest moves people to ignore some chassis manufacturers and name some others that have not won even one third of the races some have. For example the Tempest by Millenium used to be one of the chassis with more wins at big events and every single chassis Millenium has built has been on top at big events at the time they were released and still are. Are they the only ones? Of course not, PRC, Ultramax, CKI chassis, etc they are all great and have been in the market for many years, which is also one thing to consider when you buy a chassis. If your builder also builds engines like Millenium / Hi Tech even better.

Same as the kinetic, it is a kinetic, but was made at PRC for a while, just because it was easier for Wesley to have them built were they were set up for building karts than to buy all the equipment needed, the old genesis used triton spindles, nerf bars and bumpers. Now that he is well on his way, they are built in house

Back