What clutch is this?

bomber315

Can someone save me the headache and tell me what clutch I have here and if it's worth rebuilding. If so, what parts to buy for it and maybe where? For a clone

Attachments

• IMG_20191017_231350032.jpg
    IMG_20191017_231350032.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20191017_231350032.jpg
    IMG_20191017_231350032.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 46
Sure . Floater and 2 disks , couple bearings .
Maybe a grind .
Several in that stlye that are similar .
Some one will know for sure .

Theres several with that type design, however the man who started it was David Martin of Martinbuilt Clutches. He is on here, and a hell of a good guy.

Was that Dans ? I believe he used the viper. But like they said above they are all pretty close when rebuild time comes just send it out to anyone of the guys on here that go through them they will fix and grind it up good as new.

yes it was, the driver is toast. The basket has a decent amount of play where it catches the driver.

i don't know how thick the disks are supposed to be really, or how big the air gap should be or anything like that. I believe he said it was a viper but i hoped to see some kind of branding on it and there is nothing. still lots to learn here, but i'm learning everyday.

yes it was, the driver is toast. The basket has a decent amount of play where it catches the driver.

i don't know how thick the disks are supposed to be really, or how big the air gap should be or anything like that. I believe he said it was a viper but i hoped to see some kind of branding on it and there is nothing. still lots to learn here, but i'm learning everyday.

It is a Viper. Made and distributed by a wholesaler called S&M Kart Supply.

We rebuild them every day. Our price is $105 shipped back to you. That includes grinding, discs, floater, and hardware. Add $40 to that if you'd like a new basket (silver, black, blue, or red).

New discs are .125 thick. We set the air gap at .035 when refreshed, and it can wear up to about .055 before it needs a rebuild or shims pulled to reset.

^ There you go.
There are so many of these clutches all built in a small machine shop in central Illinois. They may come in many different colors, finishes, and cool names as the clutch retailers market them, but they are from the same original source.

We rebuild them as well.
$50 + parts and we only replace the parts that need replaced.
Rebuilds generally run in the $100 - $110 range with new genuine Bully friction discs (my preference.) FedEx shipping is add'l.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back