What disc clutch do i need?

2 disc is fine unless you have alot of lift, if its a big build you'll be better off with 3 disc....less heat and better wear

Two disc will be fine, but at least choose a steel basket for durability.
Don't know what you've got for a crankshaft, but the extra weight of some clutches has contributed to crankshaft flex and resulted in some catastrophic failures (Chinese cast cranks.)

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
28 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Don't know what you've got for a crankshaft, but the extra weight of some clutches has contributed to crankshaft flex and resulted in some catastrophic failures (Chinese cast cranks.)
Just wondering, what is the weight difference, percentage wise, between a two and three disc clutch. That would be with both clutches set up to hold the engine at the same rpm on the low-speed.

And, can a direct cause-and-effect relationship be established between the extra weight and the breaking of crankshafts? All things being equal of course.

Just wondering, what is the weight difference, percentage wise, between a two and three disc clutch. That would be with both clutches set up to hold the engine at the same rpm on the low-speed.

And, can a direct cause-and-effect relationship be established between the extra weight and the breaking of crankshafts? All things being equal of course.

I would have to actually weight out both, but I would be willing to bet that a 3 Disc with a Steel Basket (common) over a 2 disc with an aluminum basket (common) is probably a good 20% heavier

Back